ForumsThe TavernJingle of Gold

22 3088
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

How much do you get, or how much did you get before you outgrew your parents' wallets? That is, what was your allowance.

• 22 Replies
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

You know, even bad men love their mamas.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Yeah I know, but not all men are mollycoddled and pampered.

That reminds me, if people don't get allowances, how do they get what they want, how do they buy even a pack of gum?

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Never had an allowance. Had to do a paper route at 14 then 16 worked at ToysRUs, I dont recommend it, and now work in a college bookstore durning most of the year and clean windows during the summer.

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

I don't get allowance. About a year ago, every time I went swimming I would get a dollar. If I swept the kitchen or washed the dishes, I would get a dollar. Now, every time my family and I go to New York, my two sisters and I get $1,000 from my dad's friend.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I never got an allowance. My mom says that she "feeds me, clothes me, and puts a roof over my head. Technically, I should be giving her rent." :/

Same. But I get money at Christmas and my birthday. I can also work for my money by doing chores I don't normally do. Usually I just put it in the bank so it can get the .01% interest.
Showing 16-20 of 22