ForumsThe TavernWizards good, netruel, evil?

28 3803
SirGene
SirGene
30 posts
Nomad

if you wanted to be a wizard what would you follow, Good= healing, netruel= wide range, evil=necromancy

• 28 Replies
amorboy
amorboy
1,255 posts
Shepherd

good ... i would be good cause healibg ppl would be fun and i would gain a lot of moral !!

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Pretty narrow thinking if you think good is only healing and necromancy is just evil.

What if you were a wizard who fought off bandits and helped build things with magic, or created items which protected people, but didn't ever heal anyone?

What if you were a necromancer who only brought back animals and didn't harm anyone with them?

What if you healed people for exorbitant fees only, no matter if they were rich or poor?

i would be good cause healibg ppl would be fun and i would gain a lot of moral !!

*Karma.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Pretty narrow thinking if you think good is only healing and necromancy is just evil.

In TESIII:Morrowind, the Dunmer con****ed necromancy except when raising undead to guard their ancestral tombs. Can't think of any 'evil' way to use healing except when an 'evil' wizard heals your foes... lol. I think necromancy is generally linked with the notion of 'evil', though ultimately it depends on the wizard him/herself, not the school of magic used.

good ... i would be good cause healibg ppl would be fun and i would gain a lot of moral !!

Funny how you treat morals like a currency or something like that :P
gamer1111111
gamer1111111
204 posts
Farmer

I'd probably be neutrall that way I don't have to worry about people expecting me to do good things, or trying to hunt me down because I'm evil.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Why can't necromancy be neutral? We don't plan to kill everyone (at least, I don't) and if anything, we could hook someone up with a meeting with their dead fiancee or whatever.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

We don't plan to kill everyone (at least, I don't) and if anything, we could hook someone up with a meeting with their dead fiancee or whatever.

Or you could just have an undead circus or something. Skeleton elephants, skeleton dogs balancing on balls, etc. Nothing evil about that.

. Can't think of any 'evil' way to use healing except when an 'evil' wizard heals your foes..

As I said earlier, charging a lot for services/extortion/not healing what they wanted/con-artists. Or just being -really- incompetent.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Can I mix them? I could be a necromancer that used his powers to heal people.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I would be evil because I shall use my undead army to take over the world!

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

At least in terminology, wizard seems to be more a neutral term. Necromancer carries negative connotations, though.

Good = healing? Why can't you be good by defending yourself?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I'll pick the Istari of LOTR. Nice beard, long staff, great dirty robes, reincarnation if you're good, and immortality. And the list goes on.

Such an LOTR fan I am.

PsyhcoWalrus
PsyhcoWalrus
40 posts
Nomad

Yeah, when I saw this post the first thing that came to my mind was the "Lord of The Rings". I don't tend to classify myself into a certain group, or give myself a label, so I'll have to go with Neutral Wizard. When you say "wide range", I'm assuming you're talking about the wizard using destruction capabilities such as fire, ice, and poisen attacks. Bravo, they happen to be my favourite spells. Out of all the wizards, I'd say the the Neutral Wizard can deal the most damage.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Yeah, when I saw this post the first thing that came to my mind was the "Lord of The Rings". I don't tend to classify myself into a certain group, or give myself a label, so I'll have to go with Neutral Wizard. When you say "wide range", I'm assuming you're talking about the wizard using destruction capabilities such as fire, ice, and poisen attacks. Bravo, they happen to be my favourite spells. Out of all the wizards, I'd say the the Neutral Wizard can deal the most damage.

Hurray for another LOTR lover!

Though technically the Istari are not wizards, but semi-devine beings. :S
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Good = healing? Why can't you be good by defending yourself?

Or attacking others. Heroes that slay dragons and kill armies are considered good, but if a wizard bumps someone on the head with his staff, he is evil?

NOPE.
Alignment is a wonderfully fluent thing. I like to play my wizards annoying, snarkish and utterly out of place. usually having a shiny array of attacks and ways to murder people, but the fact that they don't use the ways to murder people makes them at least a bit of an anti hero.
Likewise, a great villain should have some powers considered good, because who doesn't need the ability to heal the dragon you are sticking on cities?

Can I mix them? I could be a necromancer that used his powers to heal people.

Reminds me of that raise a dragon game. Where healing made zombies.

I think the only reason people consider necromancy such an evil sport, is because it involves giving new life to their dear, dead fellows. That would otherwise be lying around, rotting and doing nothing to solve the current issue. Sure enough, you could go about giving them a proper funeral and stuff, but only if you live through the things that just killed your dear, dead fellows.
That is, the monsters.
You know what could take down the monsters, or at least make an excellent distraction? Zombies.
Just saying.

Oh, and healing:
Oh, you are hurt? Yes, of course I will heal you. Here, please hold that piece of metal into the fire for a while. No, no, it has nothing to do with healing in anyway, just a bit of fun. You will see.
Let's see the instructions... Place hot burning metal in wound. Heal wound. See fellow run around in pain for a while, before they manage to rip out hot burning metal rod, thus reopening wound. Sounds ea- Hey, why are you leaving??
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

It's only ten in the morning, and the cranky old wizard I once wrote about is still the same insane fellow I knew.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

It's only ten in the morning, and the cranky old wizard I once wrote about is still the same insane fellow I knew.

Cenere?

Though technically the Istari are not wizards, but semi-devine beings. :S

What are the Istari?
Showing 1-15 of 28