ForumsThe TavernMy Guitar

19 4793
Yoshi8521
Yoshi8521
129 posts
Nomad

Hey guys. I recently got a classical guitar. I'm still learning how to play it. Anybody got any good songs that I could learn to play that are simple? If you could, could you also give me a link to a site or two that has good guitar tabs? Thanks.
Yoshi8521

• 19 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

'Smoke on the Water' by Deep Purple is commonly referenced as a good beginner song. This guy seems to know what he's talking about if you want some lessons.

Yoshi8521
Yoshi8521
129 posts
Nomad

Thanks EmperorPalpatine! I'm sure to be using him.

Yoshi8521
Yoshi8521
129 posts
Nomad

Any more anybody? I would like to have a variety of music soon.

Dewi1066
Dewi1066
539 posts
Nomad

I've got a collection of electric guitars, but the only thing I can play on any of them is a bass tune from a song I don't even know the title of (my wife taught me it) and the banjo pickings from Deliverance.

I really would like to learn how to play the guitar properly, but I think the guitars themselves are items of beauty. Each guitar I own is unique, although they are probably out of tune as I have no idea how to tune them.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

i have an acoustic guitar but i cant play it because i was too impatient to learn it.

Yoshi8521
Yoshi8521
129 posts
Nomad

Lol. Ok. Well, there is always a time to learn. Anybody else have any songs or links?

Yoshi8521
Yoshi8521
129 posts
Nomad

One more thing, does anybody know how to do the intro to "Black or White" by Michael Jackson? I really like that part. Thanks!

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

here is a classical song &quotrelude in G major" in the christofor (<not spelled right :P) parkening guitar method.

Yoshi8521
Yoshi8521
129 posts
Nomad

Thanks for a suggestion! Any more from anybody else? I'm trying to get to 25 lol.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

ultimateguitar.com

Float on, Modest Mouse

Enter Sandman

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Did you choose a classical guitar as a beginning guitar, or because you planned on playing classical music? I'll be no help with the latter

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

Did you choose a classical guitar as a beginning guitar, or because you planned on playing classical music? I'll be no help with the latter

if you mean me my mom thought i wanted a guitar because i played the air guitar when i was younger. she bought me then a guitar and found someone to teach me the basics. but i was impatient so i never learned it. maybe today i could learn it...

Yoshi8521
Yoshi8521
129 posts
Nomad

I just bought the guitar because I liked it. Didn't plan on playing classical music. I guess just anything would be fine.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Well... there's the idea of what you want to play in the future, like others mentioned before me of course... but there's a nice trick that could help you out in times of trouble when studying a song: Power Chords!

They consist of the Em chord moved up along the neck with the index finger covering the first snare two places behind on the other two fingers... =D

Really hope I explained that correctly and with sense... =/

Here's the Em chord:

http://www.play-acoustic-guitar.com/images/Emin-Simple-Guitar-Chord-Chart.png

To play one tone up, simply place your index on the E snare's 1st fret while moving 2 and 3 up one position... =D

(comment me if it's not clear, ok?)

Yoshi8521
Yoshi8521
129 posts
Nomad

Thanks for more ideas!

Showing 1-15 of 19