ForumsForum GamesYggdrasil (a "Cut the Tree" Game)

2695 434227
PerryKid
PerryKid
1,269 posts
Nomad

Based on [link= http://armorgames.com/community/thread/3334894/cut-the-tree]"Cut the Tree" [/link]

First of all, the Yggdrasil is a magical tree of Norse mythology. Surely, if you cut this tree, you cut life to the world, yet the Norse believed that there were creatures constantly biting and picking at the tree, probably to scare somebody.

No memes
No posting own damage
One attack per turn
If I ignore you, its because its a stupid attack, or broke a rule
No being an idiot
No girlfriend/Boyfriend attacks
No protecting the tree by building walls or trenches etc around it(You can become an environmentalist, a norse hero/god, or a lawyer and sue the attackers.)

Because this is a magical tree, there are a few things you can do that you couldn't with a normal tree.

Note that this is the standard for some of the attacks:

A chainsaw will do 1 damage. Try if you really run out of ideas.
A tree cutter also only does 1 damage.
Axe does 1 damage
Battle axe does 2 damage
Norse Battle axe does 3

If people get sued by the tree's friends, they simply lose health.

People get banned if they break a rule or do something that no one likes. And I am the one who decides who gets banned. Every new rules post I make will say who is banned or has died. Banned people are considered 'dead'

Dead people can't come back. It is very hard to die: You have 100 health and unless you do some sort of really dumb or weird thing that just manages to get under the rules, you will receive damage.

To make this a bit more fun, the tree starts off with loads of health. this means that people can do lots of damage(I will decide how much). I'll try to stay active a lot to keep the damage in check.

Tree: 100,000,000,000,000 HP
Climate: No wind and sunny

• 2,695 Replies
SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

*Strokes chin thoughtfully*
Better go on a quest to get some more power (If we're doing that in this game).
If not, I go to my handy garage and get gasoline and a matchbox, then I douse the tree and light it up.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

I have a feeling it will take a while before I get a stable group going again, so I'll reply when at least two people are posted.

-Blade

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

One question; what kind of things are possible? (I. E. Can we go on quests for power, or do we have near god-like powers?)

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

One question; what kind of things are possible? (I. E. Can we go on quests for power, or do we have near god-like powers?)

good question. for the moment, you are able to do anything a normal human can do, within reason. for now, I'm going to leave out the more advanced parts (like quests for power) until we get a larger stable following of at least six people. if you know anyone who you think would like to join, then feel free to invite them.

-Blade
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

let me tell you a story.

i joined this game when it was about at page 120.
however i was soon after banned from AG for a reason in which i dont need to go into detail.
i then joined again at about 250, but it was so utterly complicated and ridiculously confusing i rage quit.

so im joining for the 3rd time, hopefully you bring it back into proportion.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

weird.why are we doing questing when wer'e supposed to CUT A EFFING TREE?did the tree cast a spell to make this an RP?

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

actually nvm.

danwar123 used FIRE!!!!!!!

IT'S SUPAH EFFECTIVE!

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Yggdrasil is a tree of great importance from old norse mythology. It is no simple tree.

Blade, do you assume it would be a better idea to start fresh to re-new ideas, and reward players from the past in certain instances? Depending on how many new players decide to join.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Blade, do you assume it would be a better idea to start fresh to re-new ideas, and reward players from the past in certain instances? Depending on how many new players decide to join.

For now, I'm going by a start fresh. Like I said earlier, most of the things I want to put down won't come around until I get a stable base. This includes my loyalty program.

-Blade
pokemonrocks126
pokemonrocks126
665 posts
Nomad

im baaacckk
if I don't have my dragon body or powers I first cry over it then go on a quest for dark mage-ness
if I do then back to blasting slashing and attacking the tree

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

good to see some of the vets returning. it's nice to see all of you again. here is your turn response:

If not, I go to my handy garage and get gasoline and a matchbox, then I douse the tree and light it up.

I shall take this part for now, because I haven't activated questing yet.

-150hp

so im joining for the 3rd time, hopefully you bring it back into proportion.

welcome to yggdrasil. I'm going to re-write the rules because I don't think anyone has a copy of it anymore (I can't find my copy either).

danwar123 used FIRE!!!!!!!

though fire does damage, killersup is correct, this is no ordinary tree. in time, I will remind you guys of this.

-75hp

im baaacckk

good to have you. for the record, everything is reset to zero, so all of you are normal humans right now, but hopefully not for long. as for your attack, I'll take the slashing as a valid move.

-25hp

Yggdrasil: 9,999,999,745HP

once again, I welcome back all of you for the grand re-opening. this time, I plan to keep it going for a long time.
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

i say, since you didnt actually write the rules yet, im not even going to attack.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

I don't blame you spike, so I will re-read this thread so I can re-write the rules.

-blade

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

actually, you should create an entirely new thread titled yggdrasil 2.

pokemonrocks126
pokemonrocks126
665 posts
Nomad

if/when this loyalty program starts up will I be apart of it

Showing 2671-2685 of 2695