ForumsForum GamesYggdrasil (a "Cut the Tree" Game)

2695 434335
PerryKid
PerryKid
1,269 posts
Nomad

Based on [link= http://armorgames.com/community/thread/3334894/cut-the-tree]"Cut the Tree" [/link]

First of all, the Yggdrasil is a magical tree of Norse mythology. Surely, if you cut this tree, you cut life to the world, yet the Norse believed that there were creatures constantly biting and picking at the tree, probably to scare somebody.

No memes
No posting own damage
One attack per turn
If I ignore you, its because its a stupid attack, or broke a rule
No being an idiot
No girlfriend/Boyfriend attacks
No protecting the tree by building walls or trenches etc around it(You can become an environmentalist, a norse hero/god, or a lawyer and sue the attackers.)

Because this is a magical tree, there are a few things you can do that you couldn't with a normal tree.

Note that this is the standard for some of the attacks:

A chainsaw will do 1 damage. Try if you really run out of ideas.
A tree cutter also only does 1 damage.
Axe does 1 damage
Battle axe does 2 damage
Norse Battle axe does 3

If people get sued by the tree's friends, they simply lose health.

People get banned if they break a rule or do something that no one likes. And I am the one who decides who gets banned. Every new rules post I make will say who is banned or has died. Banned people are considered 'dead'

Dead people can't come back. It is very hard to die: You have 100 health and unless you do some sort of really dumb or weird thing that just manages to get under the rules, you will receive damage.

To make this a bit more fun, the tree starts off with loads of health. this means that people can do lots of damage(I will decide how much). I'll try to stay active a lot to keep the damage in check.

Tree: 100,000,000,000,000 HP
Climate: No wind and sunny

• 2,695 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

I walk up to the protestors, and explain to them that, because the Yggdrasil is producing so much oxygen, the Polar Bears over in the Artic are now taking bigger, deeper, and more frequent breaths of oxygen. This, in turn, means that the Polar Bears are now producing more Carbon Dioxide. The new levels of Carbon Dioxide are not only allowing the Yggdrasil to produce more Oxygen, but mean that the Artic Ice Caps where the Polar Bears live is now melting.

In order to preven the Polar Bears from going extinct, the Enviromental Protestors need to go lobby Washington DC to increase enviromental regulations and sanctions upon the Yggdrasil.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

I walk up to the protestors, and explain to them that, because the Yggdrasil is producing so much oxygen, the Polar Bears over in the Artic are now taking bigger, deeper, and more frequent breaths of oxygen. This, in turn, means that the Polar Bears are now producing more Carbon Dioxide. The new levels of Carbon Dioxide are not only allowing the Yggdrasil to produce more Oxygen, but mean that the Artic Ice Caps where the Polar Bears live is now melting.
In order to prevent the Polar Bears from going extinct, the Enviromental Protestors need to go lobby Washington DC to increase enviromental regulations and sanctions upon the Yggdrasil.

after what seemed like 5 minutes, one of the protesters said, "but in exchange, the tree grows bigger, which takes in more oxygen to displace the CO2 that the polar bears are making. in fact we would be in a far worse state than we are now if it wasn't for the tree."

knowing that your claim was beaten, you shrug and walk away to consider a new option.

-0hp

temporarily disabled: Maverick4

Temporarily disabled:
DevilishConcoction
lorcharlie984
LucasDaLegend
Maverick4

current Dead/Banned:
Armpit
Marcos222
blk2860

Tree: 49,999,999,498,941.5 HP

Weather: Sunny, warming up
ground condition: Thawed
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

I return to the Protestors:

Yes, the tree produces more Oxygen. But then the Polar Bears produce more Carbon Dioxide, and melts the Ice Caps. If the Ice Caps melt, then the world sea levels will rise, and flood our cities, and all the children will die.

DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN! D:

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

Protesters, eh?

Using the power of precedent, I incapacitate the protesters with several dozen bottles of police-grade pepper spray.

PerryKid
PerryKid
1,269 posts
Nomad

I am surprised nobody has summoned me...

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

I return to the Protestors:
Yes, the tree produces more Oxygen. But then the Polar Bears produce more Carbon Dioxide, and melts the Ice Caps. If the Ice Caps melt, then the world sea levels will rise, and flood our cities, and all the children will die.
DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN! D:

A more intelligent protester comes along, and refutes your claim by saying, "the polar bear population is currently on decline, and won't be able to produce any more CO2 than the levels they currently are unless they breed. if anything, their decline will mean more oxygen which means cooler climates which is better for the world in the long run. what you are seeing is the short term effects, not the long term pay-out."

you are speechless, for you know you have been beaten again. the protestors continue to guard the tree.

Using the power of precedent, I incapacitate the protesters with several dozen bottles of police-grade pepper spray.

though you hit a huge amount, the protestors still out number you, and decide to tie you to a chair to prevent more nuisances.

temporarily disabled: Kylelolcat

Temporarily disabled:
DevilishConcoction
lorcharlie984
LucasDaLegend
Kylelolcat

current Dead/Banned:
Armpit
Marcos222
blk2860

Tree: 49,999,999,498,941.5 HP

Weather: Hot,Sunny, Humid
ground condition: Muddy

@Perrykid:

If you mean to use as an attack, it's because we never know if/when you will show up.

if you mean to complain, it's because I'm doing a good enough job, and nobody really sees an actual reason to complain.
bot101
bot101
19 posts
Nomad

i waterd it with acid

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

i waterd it with acid

(proper grammar please, or I will ignore the attack)

You pour hydrosulphuric acid into the roots, but you didn't realize that hydrosulphuric acid was significantly weaker than its cousin, sulfuric acid. this caused only minimal damage to the roots.

-5hp

Temporarily disabled:
DevilishConcoction
lorcharlie984
LucasDaLegend
Kylelolcat

current Dead/Banned:
Armpit
Marcos222
blk2860

Tree: 49,999,999,498,936.5 HP

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

I call my local SWAT Team, and tell them that a protest movement has gathered without the proper licenses, and they're starting to get angry.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

I call my local SWAT Team, and tell them that a protest movement has gathered without the proper licenses, and they're starting to get angry.

the swat breaks the protestors with no trouble.

Temporarily disabled:
DevilishConcoction
lorcharlie984
LucasDaLegend
Kylelolcat

current Dead/Banned:
Armpit
Marcos222
blk2860

PerryKid
PerryKid
1,269 posts
Nomad

I heal the tree by one point.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

I heal the tree by one point

the former guardian comes along and asks for forgiveness for harming the tree, the tree's forgiveness bolsters its health back by a minor ammount.

+1hp

Temporarily disabled:
DevilishConcoction
lorcharlie984
LucasDaLegend
Kylelolcat

current Dead/Banned:
Armpit
Marcos222
blk2860

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Thaboss throws 1,000,000,000 gallons of pure plasma on the tree.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

I use the spell Animate on the tree.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Thaboss throws 1,000,000,000 gallons of pure plasma on the tree.

plasma is air that has reached temperatures far beyond the surface of the sun. by that rule it is a stupid attack, and will be ignored.

I use the spell Animate on the tree.

the spell was cast successfully, but the curse placed on the tree from earlier prevented it from healing it.

Temporarily disabled:
DevilishConcoction
lorcharlie984
LucasDaLegend
Kylelolcat

current Dead/Banned:
Armpit
Marcos222
blk2860

Weather: cold, raining
ground condition: soggy