analytics and serving ads.
Forums → Art, Music, and Writing → Armatar challenge [Winter]
So, it has been suggested someone mad a free-for-all armatar contest.
Now, considering there is no prize, and the armatars won't be chosen, I will rather consider it a challenge on fitting a piece of art into a 100x100 square.
Guidelines be stolen from the official AC:
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.
Obviously it will be a good idea to pot a bigger version as well, either 200x200 or 300x300.
And keep to the rules of site.
The theme will be winter for now, might change it in a week's time for fun.
Deadline: The end of this month
- 119 Replies
@ soldierperson : when you make the armatar in paint, make sure you save it in .jpeg format, that's the most accepted format.
Then make an account with flickr / photobucket / etc. and upload your picture there.
That done, simply copy the url to that picture and post it here with the [image] button!
Et voila! =D
@ younieboy : thanx! I hope Daniel McNeely thinks they are good and might use them... that would be awesome of course! =)
Mr.DayCee you are one serious competitor and all the ones you make don;t stop impressing me one bit XD. you get a cookie XD.
Hope this works!
note i made this in 15 mins :P
This is your picture
it's a nice entry
you can make more if you want to
Wait a minute how did you find my picture???
thxs yea i probably will make more.
i can find your picture too
i'm going to make more armatars too =)
here i have another one
it won't be good
i present you: a bear
Woah, you need to resize your picture!
i forgot to resize
but if i scale it down
than it gets into another form.........
What do you mean by ''another form''?
well, this is resized
but now it's not round anymore
i don't know how i need to do it.....
can anyone help me???
I'm guessing that's because you didn't draw it inititally in a square?
i didn't do that
but how can i draw it into a square?
Thread is locked!