ForumsPopular MediaOld TV Series

59 29034
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

In this thread you can discuss and talk about your favorite TV Series from the 50's, 60's 70's, and 80's.

There were so many I liked.
I'll first start enumerating them by category.

Sci-Fi:
Star Trek, the Invaders, Buck Rogers (80's), Battlestar Gallactica (80's), Space 1999.

Action:
C.H.I.P, Hawaii 5-0, The Incredible Hulk, The Six Million Dollar Man, S.W.A.T, Magnum P.I, Mission Impossible (my fav), the Death Squadron (not sure about the title).

Comedy:
The Dukes of Hazzard, I dream of Jeanny.

Cartoons:
Woody Woodpecker, Bugs Bunny, Tom & Jerry, Rocket Robin Hood.

That's all I can remember for now.

• 59 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I thought Mission Impossible was amazing. All the characters had a specialty and my favorite was Greg Morris because he was the gadget man. Anybody remember this Series?

I also liked Star Trek because of the Shatner/Nimoy duo (as I mentionned in the Star Trek thread) the ridiculous monsters, and the decor.

Lost in Space
for the decor, the music and the cheesy monsters.

Buck Rogers because of Erin Grey (she was so hot!).

Battlestar Gallactica because of the Cylons and the babes. xD

The Invaders actually scared me. The music was creepy and people who were turned to dust by the Aliens was a pretty traumatic experience to me (i was too young to watch it). When I watched it later (in the 90's) I still liked it.

I also thought that Space 1999 was great. The nuclear explosion that propelled the moon and it's base into space was a cool idea. I think it was a transition between Thunderbirds (that was cool) and UFO.

Batman because of the Cat Woman played by Julie Newmar. OMG she was hot! Most of the action was so cheesy though.

S.W.A.T, I hurt myself so many times trying to jump off a window and rolling on the ground with my plastic assault weapon. xD

The Death Squadron was my favorite war series because of the aerial battles, the characters and especially the Corsair (what a cool plane).

The Dukes of Hazzard because of the crooked boss hoag, the car chases, the stunts and Daisy Duke.

C.H.I.P because of the music and the car accidents on the highway.

Bugs Bunny because he was so smart, didn't care about anything, kept pissing off and outsmarting Yosemite Sam, an Elmer Fudd (redneck). There were some funny characters as well. Road Runner and Wile E Coyote who kept getting crushed, smashed, blownup, burned and ran over by his gadgets. xD
Foghorn Leghorn was hilarious, Sylvester and Tweety Bird were funny, etc. I learned English while watching that show and I started liking classical music because of it.

Okay I need a break.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

For those who are not familiar with these old series just look them up on Wikipedia, they have some interesting descriptions.

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

Jeez dude, I only remember Rin Tin Tin, Andy Griffith, Roy Rogers, Groucho Marx, Ed Sullivan and Bonanza to name a few. Of course there was the Rifleman and the Rebel....

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

Maybe that was Johnny Uma... Mmmmm. Don``t fergit Howdy Doody!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Jeez dude, I only remember Rin Tin Tin, Andy Griffith, Roy Rogers, Groucho Marx, Ed Sullivan and Bonanza to name a few. Of course there was the Rifleman and the Rebel....

I guess a TV is just part of your house furniture.
CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

You forgot Ralph Kramdon!

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

OMG - The Avengers with Diana Rigg! Woof Woof!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Mind Your Language and Blackadder, I've always loved witty British humor.

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

Ah ha - Fawlty Towers with John Gleese - funniest show I have ever seen!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Remember this CJ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_Robin_Hood

I was so mad at Friar Tuck because he wasted all the good food.

and this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skippy_the_Bush_Kangaroo

I loved these two shows when I was 5yo. xD

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I wish they would show Lost in Space again.
I would watch it. I remember how much I hated Dr. Smith. This coward was always getting in trouble. And the Robot was cool. It looked like a mobile Jukebox https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2a/Science_Fiction_Museum_and_Hall_of_Fame_5.JPG/220px-Science_Fiction_Museum_and_Hall_of_Fame_5.JPG

I bought the soundtrack about 15 or 20 years ago because I liked the music.

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

ha ha ha - I saw the other version of Rocket Robin Hood made by Playboy! Woof woof!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

BTW, the funny looking short robot on the left is Twiki from Buck Rogers. Bidi bidi bidi! xD

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

While I'm into kid shows, I think Thunderbirds should make a comeback. I bet kids now would still enjoy it because of the quality of the animation. Presented in Supermarionation! The vehicle were nicely made and they were named Thunderbird 1 to 5.
Thunderbird 1 was a rocket
Thunderbird 2 , an aircraft big enough to transport a truck.
Thunderbird 3 , a spaceship
Thunderbird 4 , a submarine
Thunderbird 5 , a space station

Wikipedia has some pictures BTW.

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

My buddy the friendly giant says to go nappy poo - later SSTG!

Showing 1-15 of 59