ForumsThe TavernReasons to adopt a dog?

18 2977
invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

Hello, all, from AG's most invalid user. Well, recently my family was discussing whether we should adopt a dog or not. My two sisters want one, but my parents aren't sure about it. First of all, my dad is concerned on who and when to take the dog out to do its business. Then, we don't know what to do when we go on vacation and stuff. I, personally, don't really mind getting a dog, but I don't see what else a dog can do other than you petting it and stuff. So, could any of you dog owners give me some reasons why my family should adopt a dog?

• 18 Replies
Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

The main reasons why someone adopts a dog is for someone to be at their side, someone to love and someone to have company with because maybe they have lost something in their life or now they're alone and it's the only source of entertainment they have.

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Adopted pets are the most loveable, loyal and funny pets I've ever owned. They are so eager to please, will follow you anywhere and very easy to train.

Jazmoon
Jazmoon
561 posts
Peasant

Dogs are awesome, loyal, cuddly, and lovable pets. But like many people have all ready said its important to get the right one. for example it won't be a great idea to get a Great Dane if have a small house or a Labrador if you don't have time to walk it. you need it to fit your lifestyle. i have a caviler king Charles spaniel shes just a great big fluffy fur ball really but so loving and sweet great with cats and kids. so yeah to some up i think every home should have a dog that is right for them. but it is important to remember it is a big decision and
"dogs are for life not just for Christmas"
-dogs trust of the UK

Showing 16-18 of 18