313 posts
Nomad

just type your favourite sports and hobbies

• 34 Replies
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

@Hitmeup soccer as u yanks call it is the woking class sport of the world there are bare fights. Dont chat shit u dont know about. U r american therefore u r shit at football. Suk ur mum man

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

football, hockey, and soccor.

cyberjitz
cyberjitz
54 posts
Nomad

soccer!!!!!

waRMachine5
waRMachine5
19 posts
Nomad

I love playing Soccer and I love to skateboard, though I ain't really very good.

lolprincess
lolprincess
68 posts
Nomad

I like to swim but I like basketball too even though i'm short.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

@ hitemup: no, guys who play hockey are gay. Duh. *eyeroll*

@ woody: that's telling it like it is. Nobody does football hooliganism like the Brits. Actually, nobody does it like the Liverpool fans, haha.

@ masta_cheef: OMG another traceur, sweet! I've been wondering if anybody on these forums knew what it was about.

As for me, since I also trick and breakdance, sometimes it's parkour, sometimes it's free-running. But neither tricking nor breakdancing could really be considered sports, I guess.

Sports I like

Tennis
Soccer
Basketball
Gymnastics
Martial arts

Sports I dislike

Golf
All aquatic sports with the exception of diving
Horse racing (not so much the sport but the industry as a whole)

What the heck is rounders?

Hobbies

Writing
Drawing
Music
Breakdance
Parkour + Free running

Bratt02
Bratt02
402 posts
Shepherd

For me...

I LOVE playing Soccer, Tennis, Golf or American Football.

I HATE Basketball, Swimming and also, Ballet! Lol, that is a sport anyway, right?

Yeah, I'm good playing the sports I love but when it comes to the hate, I suck so bad!

Skyla
Skyla
291 posts
Peasant

Hmm... swimming.

I don't do many sports, I'm too cool for that.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Ballet isn't really a sport...it's an haute ecole dance form.

But yeah, those who are good at ballet could really kick butt. They'd be stronger, fitter, more flexible, faster and better balanced than almost any sportsperson in any discipline.

Also, I don't call parkour a sport because it is not inherently an organised activity based on competitive interaction. It's movement based on a philosophy.

Now...too cool for sports eh? I've caught wind of this sentiment, but I always wondered why it was so. I think part of the reason is that sport has actually become less accessible over the years, such that one can only really play sport if they are either really good at it or think they're good at it. The latter group are generally seen as being 'not cool'.

Then there's the 'organised activity' aspect of it. Breakdance is 'cool' because it relates to culture differently than a sporting equivalent, say, gymnastics, despite the fact that those who are good at breakdance undergo training equivalent in intensity to that of gymnasts.

MissingTeddyHanssen
MissingTeddyHanssen
444 posts
Nomad

All hail Goddess Skyla !!! The only sport I know is soccer, table tennis and more that I just forgot ... but I'll try basketball someday, though even I still suck at it ... :P

RsC
RsC
424 posts
Shepherd

well i got an top 4
#1 basketball
#2 paintball
#3 material arts
#4 bodycombat/fitness

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

err, RsC, I think you mean "martial arts", hehe.

Also, how is 'body combat' different from martial arts?

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

My favorite sport would have to be basketball. I made a 3 point winning swish once. My second would have to be FOOTBALL!!

RsC
RsC
424 posts
Shepherd

well, actually its fitness, but there are diffrent groups you can also join in with fitness, like budypump or bodyattack or what iam doing atm is bodycombat, its not very diffrent as matrial arts but its harder and you sweat alot... its non-stop fighting pushing pulling and more.
so its actually an bit different from martial arts.

Kingofthehill
Kingofthehill
57 posts
Nomad

My favorits sport is basketball
My hobbies are reading, having "fun", and other stuff. KING

Showing 16-30 of 34