The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsForum GamesThe battle among the Titans.

19 3763
Mort_Kawasaki
Mort_Kawasaki
1,211 posts
Nomad

In this game, you're pitted against one opponent, another player, and try to defeat him. 
This is not an RPG but a turn-based strategy game. You may play a role if you like to, but this doesn't help you.

The way this works:
You start at a distance of 10 from eachother, and you have a number of stats:

Health: the amount of damage you can take. Each point put into this increases it by 2.
Strength: the amount of melee damage you can do. 
Defense: decreases any damage you take. Each point put into this increases it by 0,5.
Range: the range for your ranged attacks. 
Dexterity: the amount of ranged damage you can do.
Movement: how much you can move.

In your turn, you can do one of three things:
1. Move forwards or backwards.
2. Move forward and/or melee attack.
3. Do a ranged attack.

When you choose option 1, you can tell me how much you want to move (up to  twice your movement value) and in which direction.
When you choose option 2, you move adjacent to your opponent (within reach of course) and attack him. This does damage equal to your strength minus the opponents defense.
When you choose option three, you deal damage to your opponent equal to your dexterity minus your opponents defense.

The battle is over once either of the players has no health left. The winner gets 10 exp, not including modifiers (I'll explain modifiers in a bit) and the loser gets 5 exp. Whenever you have 10 exp, you level up and get to distribute 3 points around your stats. 

Modifiers:
The modifiers are a mechanic to balance the game a bit. Whenever you win against an opponent who is of a higher level than you, you get 10 exp minus the difference in levels (ex: you're lvl 6 and you win against a lvl 4. You'll get 8 exp, 10 minus 2). Vica versa, when you win against someone who is of a lower lvl, you add the difference in levels to 10. Note that you always get 5 exp when you lose, no modifiers. Also, the exp gained for a victory is at least 5 and cannot exceed 15. 

Starting a battle:
Whenever you're currently not having a battle, you can sign up. When you do this, I'll add you to the 'layer pool'. What this means, is that you can be challenged by other players. You may always refuse these challenges. Once you have accepted, I'll make a sheet of your personal battle.

So, without any further ado, here's the sheet:

Name: 
Level: 1
Health: 10
Strength: 1
Defense: 0
Range: 1
Dexterity: 1
Movement: 1

You may distribute 5 points over these stats any way you'd like.

If any of the rules are unclear, if you have any suggestions, or if you have any other questions, I'd be glad to answer them.

Good luck!

• 19 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Name:Ã

Are the stats in this base sheet the starting stats? If so, this is my character sheet after placing 5 points. I also assume that each point in Defense costs 2 points and each point placed in Health adds 2 points.

Name: Patrick2011
Defense: 1
Range: 3
Dexterity: 2

Also, about modifiers:

The modifiers are a mechanic to balance the game a bit. Whenever you win against an opponent who is of a higher level than you, you get 10 exp minus the difference in levels (ex: you're lvl 6 and you win against a lvl 4. You'll get 8 exp, 10 minus 2). Vica versa, when you win against someone who is of a lower lvl, you add the difference in levels to 10. Note that you always get 5 exp when you lose, no modifiers. Also, the exp gained for a victory is at least 5 and cannot exceed 15.

The above is what you typed, but I think you have lower and higher levels mixed up, so this is what I think you mean:

The modifiers are a mechanic to balance the game a bit. Whenever you win against an opponent who is of a lower level than you, you get 10 exp minus the difference in levels (ex: you're lvl 6 and you win against a lvl 4. You'll get 8 exp, 10 minus 2). Vica versa, when you win against someone who is of a higher lvl, you add the difference in levels to 10. Note that you always get 5 exp when you lose, no modifiers. Also, the exp gained for a victory is at least 5 and cannot exceed 15.

The bold words are the words that are different.
Mort_Kawasaki
Mort_Kawasaki
1,211 posts
Nomad

It is possible to put 1 point into defence, making it 0.5, or 3 points for 1.5.

Also, you're right about the modifier thing. (A friend pointed out that I said 'higher level' two times, and I just 'fixed' it wrong )

Now we'll just have to wait until someone else signs up, and the battle can begin!

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

Name: Fred McFred
Strength: 3
Movement: 2

Okie dokie, let's give this a shot. But I have a question: What weapons do I have? Or does it not really matter?

Mort_Kawasaki
Mort_Kawasaki
1,211 posts
Nomad

You can say that you have weapons, but they don't add anything to your stats.
Would you like to enter the player pool?

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

oh. well for shure! why else would i be playing?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Name: Patrick2011

I'll enter the player pool.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Name: pickpocket
Defense: 3
Range: 2

i shall try! i dont fully understand though...

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

oh woops. i put 2 insted of 1 for dexterity

Mort_Kawasaki
Mort_Kawasaki
1,211 posts
Nomad

---vs---
Name: Entora
Dexterity: 4

Entora challenges Fred! Do you accept?

player pool:
Patrick 2011

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

@pickpocket: Each point in defense costs 2, so you actually placed 8 points, not 5.

Mort_Kawasaki
Mort_Kawasaki
1,211 posts
Nomad

Patrick is right about that, you can have 1.5 defense though.

Mort_Kawasaki
Mort_Kawasaki
1,211 posts
Nomad

You can say that you have weapons, but they don't add anything to your stats.

Also, when you challenge someone, it's usually the one who got challenged who has to accept/deny :P

Player pool:
Patrick2011
Mort_Kawasaki
Mort_Kawasaki
1,211 posts
Nomad

Double bump #2

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

So, how far away are we from each other?

The starting distance is 10, and there has not been a response yet to your challenge.
Mort_Kawasaki
Mort_Kawasaki
1,211 posts
Nomad

@UDude21
The distance between you and the wall is infinite.
Also, you can retract your challenge at any time if the one you challenged hasn't reacted yet. Do you want do challenge Patrick2011 now?

Showing 1-15 of 19