The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsForum GamesThe battle among the Titans.

19 3762
Mort_Kawasaki
Mort_Kawasaki
1,211 posts
Nomad

In this game, you're pitted against one opponent, another player, and try to defeat him. 
This is not an RPG but a turn-based strategy game. You may play a role if you like to, but this doesn't help you.

The way this works:
You start at a distance of 10 from eachother, and you have a number of stats:

Health: the amount of damage you can take. Each point put into this increases it by 2.
Strength: the amount of melee damage you can do. 
Defense: decreases any damage you take. Each point put into this increases it by 0,5.
Range: the range for your ranged attacks. 
Dexterity: the amount of ranged damage you can do.
Movement: how much you can move.

In your turn, you can do one of three things:
1. Move forwards or backwards.
2. Move forward and/or melee attack.
3. Do a ranged attack.

When you choose option 1, you can tell me how much you want to move (up to  twice your movement value) and in which direction.
When you choose option 2, you move adjacent to your opponent (within reach of course) and attack him. This does damage equal to your strength minus the opponents defense.
When you choose option three, you deal damage to your opponent equal to your dexterity minus your opponents defense.

The battle is over once either of the players has no health left. The winner gets 10 exp, not including modifiers (I'll explain modifiers in a bit) and the loser gets 5 exp. Whenever you have 10 exp, you level up and get to distribute 3 points around your stats. 

Modifiers:
The modifiers are a mechanic to balance the game a bit. Whenever you win against an opponent who is of a higher level than you, you get 10 exp minus the difference in levels (ex: you're lvl 6 and you win against a lvl 4. You'll get 8 exp, 10 minus 2). Vica versa, when you win against someone who is of a lower lvl, you add the difference in levels to 10. Note that you always get 5 exp when you lose, no modifiers. Also, the exp gained for a victory is at least 5 and cannot exceed 15. 

Starting a battle:
Whenever you're currently not having a battle, you can sign up. When you do this, I'll add you to the 'layer pool'. What this means, is that you can be challenged by other players. You may always refuse these challenges. Once you have accepted, I'll make a sheet of your personal battle.

So, without any further ado, here's the sheet:

Name: 
Level: 1
Health: 10
Strength: 1
Defense: 0
Range: 1
Dexterity: 1
Movement: 1

You may distribute 5 points over these stats any way you'd like.

If any of the rules are unclear, if you have any suggestions, or if you have any other questions, I'd be glad to answer them.

Good luck!

• 19 Replies
manarion
manarion
87 posts
Nomad

Name: awesome
Level: its over 9000!
Health: 9003
Strength: 9006
Defense: its over 9000!
Range: negative 3
Dexterity: 6
Movement: 0

can i face someone?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

@manarion: You cheated. Read the OP to figure out how to make a proper sheet.

Mort_Kawasaki
Mort_Kawasaki
1,211 posts
Nomad

Nope.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

@manarion: You cheated. Read the OP to find out how to make a proper character sheet.

Showing 16-19 of 19