Poison

• 42 Replies
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

There is only 4 elements the other are just combinations,,,

are light and darkness combinations?

And technically water is not even an element, neither is fire, or light, or ice...or metal...or lava...or lightning...

i heard that some metallic elements are in the periodic table.

What type of elements are you talking about? The only elements are those off of the periodic table of elements.

some information about elements

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I always wonder why people have to behave like smartbutts when one of these topics come up.
The whole "I like plutonium!!" thing is adorable, but while it could be considered an ontopic reply, the indirect questioning of the OP's intelligence is just annoying.

Same goes for "THERE IS ONLY X ELEMENTS BECAUSE I SAY SO" is also adorable but annoying. Whether something is considered an element depends mainly on the context. Like how the classical elements in western mythology is fire, water, air, earth (and spirit, if you are Wiccan), the Eastern elements are fire, water, earth, metal and wood.
If anyone has a setting where element magic is present, it is common to find dark and light magic as well, and while some might say lava is either a sub element or a combination, any culture, real or fictional, could consider lava an element just fine, because it is, or is a part of, a force of nature. Like lightening. Or tsunamis. There could be an element of tsunamies if anyone cared to build up a proper fantasy culture about it.

Jeez. It's like trying to have a discussion like "Who is your fave deity?" and get replies like "There is no gods, only science!!!" and "Zeus is not a reeeeal deity, because [random nonsense]". It is annoying. Stop it.

That said, this is a pretty badly constructed thread anyway, since there is no kickoff for discussion (apparently just smartbuttery), which makes me sad, because elements for magic is an amazing topic if anyone would care to properly discuss it.
But no.

One thing I can ask for is that you explain your bloody choice, so you don't end up spamming.

auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

I would say fire because I've always been interested in the way it acts and when things are on fire.

merind3
merind3
36 posts
Nomad

My favorite element? Nature, cause its made up of living things(science today cant do this)and its living creatures can get resistance against any other element in the world, only if, its absolutely necessary.

TheBloodyPhoenix
TheBloodyPhoenix
9 posts
Nomad

My OC is based off Fire; I needn't say more. o-o

skittlezareAWESOME
skittlezareAWESOME
54 posts
Nomad

I would pick ice. I like when it's cold out (call me crazy?) and I am used to it.

awesomeplayer312
awesomeplayer312
187 posts
Nomad

My favorite element would be Fire or Water

Shibadragon
Shibadragon
12 posts
Nomad

I am tied between fire and nature and plutonium.

Roty
Roty
779 posts
Nomad

Earth Love the crumbling land and the strong terrain.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

The only 'real' elements are the ones listed on the Periodic System of Elements. But even in the traditional, esoteric sense, I wouldn't call nature an element. Seriously, unless you revere Gaia or something like that you cannot possibly caterogize 'nature' as one element. Element! Elements are single pieces building up more complex stuff. Is there anything made up of several 'natures'?

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Fire/Nature/err, Fe, and H, and maybe He, oh and Ar

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I would have to say lightning because i know Physics and lightning is bad ***!
As far as the Periodic Elements, I'd have to say Uranium because it is the element THAT KNOWS YOU'RE WATCHING IT!

As far as the Lightning/Fire debate, they are both a subset of Plasma (yes, like in Halo).

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

I would have to say lightning because i know Physics and lightning is bad ***!

but it does nothing to you if you wear a rubber suit.

can we choose more than one element?

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I don't know exactly how much rubber it would take, but by the time you were sufficiently grounded to resist a lightning bolt, you would be completely immobilized.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

How is Lava an element? Wouldn't that fall under fire? Or even Earth? Just wondering.

I like Water and Fire. And also Wind. Water is so very calming, but fire is excellent to play with.
And wind feels great in the hair and on the skin.

Showing 16-30 of 42