ForumsThe TavernMouth or Nose

32 4598
AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

Which do you like to breathe through and why?

• 32 Replies
masterperson
masterperson
107 posts
Nomad

This is really a strange question but I like to breathe with my nose.

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

This is really a strange question

Well that's why it goes in da tavern.

Oh and I like to breathe with my mouth. Cuz I have allergies and my nose gets stuffed up.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Weird, but pretty funny question! =)

For me it depends on the situation... I tend to breathe normally (what's normal?) through my nose, unless I'm sporting. That's where I tend to switch to exhale only through my mouth, which is normal thing to do, it helps you breathe more steadily and therefor makes you have better control.

Ahm... and there I got stranded! I never noticed in other situations whether it was nose or mouth or both?! Hmmm... might have to get back on that! =/

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

I know when I sleep I breathe through my mouth. Don't know why, just easier I suppose.

Usually though I breathe through my nose, or if I'm exercising/running I breathe through both. This is because I can pull in air faster through both than one alone.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

Oh and I like to breathe with my mouth. Cuz I have allergies and my nose gets stuffed up.

NERD! You're like that kid in "Hey Arnold" that Helga always punches in the face... anyway...

I breath through all the pores in my body. This is why I am usually nude. Trust me, you don't know how many times I have to say things that start out like
"Please officer, let me explain..."

One time I had to wear a onesie and I thought I was going to suffocate.

Fun fact (or myth, depending on what the internet says): You usually only breathe out of one nostril at a time. This nostril switches every half hour or so.
dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

This is really a strange question
Well that's why it goes in da tavern.

Hahaha :l funny!!!
I actually breath through my nose, unless I have a real bad stuffed nose...
Den I wood talk like Dis
Evilfishy111
Evilfishy111
1,386 posts
Shepherd

I always breath through nose.

I actually breath through my nose, unless I have a real bad stuffed nose...

I always get blocked nose when its really cold or when im sick!

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

i have allergies too but i like to breath through my nose.

did you know that the air gets warm while you breath through the nose? i forgot how it happens...

oh, before i forget, what is better, to breath through the nose that has two holes so if one is not free you can still breath or through the mouth where you could get something in your throat (a moth or so flew once in my throat while i yawned)?

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I will always breathe through my nose unless my nose is so plugged up I cannot get any air through it. I hate breathing through my mouth.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I breathe through my nose. It's what most people do anyway.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

I know when I sleep I breathe through my mouth. Don't know why, just easier I suppose.

how do you know it if your asleep? :P anyway i heard that when we sleep we all inhale through our noses and exhale through the mouth.

i have a really annoying with my nose and i can only inhale from one thrill and exhale from the other (dont ask... idk whats wrong with me XD) so i unfortunately breath from the mouth.

oh, before i forget, what is better, to breath through the nose that has two holes so if one is not free you can still breath or through the mouth where you could get something in your throat (a moth or so flew once in my throat while i yawned)?

that has nothing to do with it. see my problem. if one gets stuffed you only get 50% of the oxygen and eventually you will HAVE to breath through your mouth (unless your fine with having only 50% of your oxygen.)

Fun fact (or myth, depending on what the internet says): You usually only breathe out of one nostril at a time. This nostril switches every half hour or so.

i just scrolled up. this is true??? if yes im very happy because maybe i actually dont have a problem...:S im confused and going to look it up soon
AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

how do you know it if your asleep?

You know because when you wake up, your mouth is drier than a desert in august.

i just scrolled up. this is true???

I think it might be true. Sometimes I can only breathe in and out of one nostril then it randomly switches. But @thebluerabbit, I think your issue is different. You can only breathe in through one and out through the other, which is different, am I right?

And I feel so happy that I started such a cool discussion
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I prefer to breath through my nose most of the time, unless (as everyone else has said), my nose is plugged up or if I am out of breath.

evilsmilyface
evilsmilyface
101 posts
Peasant

Most often I prefer to breath through my nose except for when I playing a wind instrument in which case I must breath through my mouth. Unfortunately, when I am not playing music and I breath through my mouth I tend to breath too deeply resulting in my brain being over oxygenated and me passing out. Odd but yeah, that's why I breath through my nose.

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

Hahaha. Sometimes when my allergies act up just a little and I try to breathe through my nose, but my brain doesn't get enough oxygen. So I have to breathe through my mouth before I pass out.

And I heard that it's actually healthier to breathe through your nose because your nose hair filters the air better. And also when you breathe through your mouth, bacteria floating in the air gets on your teeth and gums and cause all kinds of trouble.

Showing 1-15 of 32