ForumsThe TavernMouth or Nose

32 4599
AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

Which do you like to breathe through and why?

• 32 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Fun fact (or myth, depending on what the internet says): You usually only breathe out of one nostril at a time. This nostril switches every half hour or so.

Not true for me. I usually breathe out of both, unless one is clogged/partially clogged.
LucasDaLegend
LucasDaLegend
1,066 posts
Nomad

I breath through my nose unless i have a cold or a blocked nose.

And I heard that it's actually healthier to breathe through your nose because your nose hair filters the air better. And also when you breathe through your mouth, bacteria floating in the air gets on your teeth and gums and cause all kinds of trouble.

It is healthier. I still remember in Year 2 when the class was asked the question "What is it healthier to breath through, your mouth or your nose?" I replied mouth because it was bigger and i was 6.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

I think it might be true. Sometimes I can only breathe in and out of one nostril then it randomly switches. But @thebluerabbit, I think your issue is different. You can only breathe in through one and out through the other, which is different, am I right?

i honestly dont know anymore. last time i checked i inhalted through my right nostril and exhaled through the left. now... i inhale through my right and exhale through both... i think. it got too annoying so im just breathing through my mouth XP
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

mouth gives you more oxygen but nose cleans some of the air coming in with the hairs so i would say nose.

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Nose, sniping is harder when you're breathing throught the mouth.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I like breathing through my mouth because I can get more air in, especially when I do sports

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I usualy breathe through my nose and prefere breathing through my nose cause my throat easily dries up.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

your nose is pretty much made for breathing and has hairs in to filter out debris so I breath though my nose unless I am doing exercise then I breath quietly through my mouth I hate it when people are there like a fish breathing through their mouth making loads of noise.

johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

Usually I just breathe through my mouth, but when I'm exercising or doing sports, I inhale with my nose, and exhale with my mouth.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

Nose, sniping is harder when you're breathing throught the mouth.

lol, this made my day.

but when I'm exercising or doing sports, I inhale with my nose, and exhale with my mouth.

thats what you should do if you make sports and get tired. said my sports teacher.

ThroatLozenge
ThroatLozenge
146 posts
Nomad

I LIKE to breath through my mouth but dumb people think it makes me look weird and my dentist says it's bad for my teeth :P

skittlezareAWESOME
skittlezareAWESOME
54 posts
Nomad

I usually breath with my nose. Well, unless I'm doing some sports or if I have a stuffy nose.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I usually breath through my nose but during Summer, I get allergies so I breath through my mouth but when I ride my bike I almost always swallow a bug or two every time, it's annoying. At least I wear sunglasses so I don't get bugs in both my mouth and eyes. xD

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I prefer to try to breath through my nose when possible, which is unless i'm sick. Nobody likes to listen to mouth breathers on Xbox Live.

pratchu
pratchu
493 posts
Nomad

I breath through my Mose. Basically my mouth and nose most of the time because one nostril is always blocked and the other starts hurting if I breath too much so I breath through my mouth and nose.

Showing 16-30 of 32