107 posts
Nomad

That is what I am thinking about too.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

why don't I get as many comments on my forum posts as most people do

Honestly it all depends on your topic. Most thread die out with a page or 2 of comments. Some of mine have died with only 1 comment. Just look of the thread and what people find interesting and how many people are on looking at threads to respond to.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

1) Because it might not be an interesting topic.
2) Because it might be an overly interesting topic.
3) Because you want a lot of replies in a short time, while no one is online.
4) Because they are not manly men.

Or something.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

2) Because it might be an overly interesting topic.
4) Because they are not manly men.

What? Come on Cenere be serious. You are a mod. Even though there is a high probability that I am like you in many ways...

Back on topic. Also not everyone is from the US so some threads(like NFL threads) will only get posts from people in the US.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I don't care to be serious.
Though point number 2 is actually serious. People will not respond in great numbers to something where they have to think. Overly interesting topics often need you to think.
My interest in the American Tackle Ball threads is in the negatives. Not only are they not particularly interesting, they also include American Tackle Ball and teams I don't know and don't care about. That is, if I even understand what the abbreviation means in the first place.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

they also include American Tackle Ball and teams

never heard it called tackle ball before.

if you want people to comment to, you just need to build a thread that talks about something people can relate to. it's that simple.

-Blade
Showing 1-6 of 6