ForumsThe TavernWhich do you prefer?

23 3758
unknown456
unknown456
47 posts
Peasant

Seeing as how alot of movies are based off books which do you think is better-book or movie.

• 23 Replies
dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

This could also go in the Popular Media
I dont really get your question, can you explain it more specifically?
Dragonico

Evilfishy111
Evilfishy111
1,386 posts
Shepherd

Depends on the movie,lord of the rings movie was better than book, and also was harry potter.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Usually I will like the book better then the movie. It depends on the movie though. Harry Potter is just as good in movie form as book form. Percy Jackson was horrible in movie form but amazing in book form. 99% of the time the book is better in my opinion.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

and also was harry potter.

i missed some important parts, even if they made the movie longer but then they had a real reason to split the movie in two parts.

it depends not only on the movie/book, it depends on what You liked more, the book or the movie of the book.

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

99% of the time the book is better in my opinion.

I agree with daleks.
Their is probably only one movie I have ever liked better than the book, and that was the Seeker. The movie came out when I was in like sixth grade, and I loved it, but I tried to read the book and hated it.
Mr_YYZ
Mr_YYZ
11 posts
Nomad

I like the book better than the movie. For me, it usually like this all of the time.

unknown456
unknown456
47 posts
Peasant

dragonico: I mean if for example you read a book and then a movie came out that was based on the book and you saw that movie which would you like better. And just so other people reading this know I generally prefer the book because it lets you see what the main character is thinking.

unknown456
unknown456
47 posts
Peasant

Also now that I look this probaly should go to the popular media page so if somebody could move it or something.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

usually the book for me. and i dont even like reading XD. but i do think that the books cover more details and lets you use more imagination.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

You can't compare both. One is expressed in words, and literary inclined people will surely appreciate the fine prose and eloquent expression. The other is a two hour long screening of pictures, which appeals to our visual and audio senses.

The only thing I can say is that some movies completely rubbish up the book's original plot.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

The books are usually better than the movie adaptions. Of course sometimes the movies usually end up better than the books.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I don't think you can't compare both because they're completely different. Some of my friends prefer the movies because they don't like reading or they don't want to "waste" time reading a book if they can see the movie. I like reading, so books are better because they let you use your imagination.

happybirthdayaphant1
happybirthdayaphant1
53 posts
Nomad

It really depends on the execution of the story for me. I usually like books, but I think the film adaptions are more simplified for those complicated stories.

beastmaster1
beastmaster1
5 posts
Peasant

hmm thats a tough one most times i would choose the movie but there are some books that are better then movies

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Always the movie for me. I don't usually have the patience for reading.

Showing 1-15 of 23