ForumsWEPRHeaven and Hell?

811 182683
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I am catholic so I believe that there is heaven and hell. I do beleive that you have to do good in this world to be able to go to heaven but if you do evil and bad more than good in this world I do believe that you will go to hell.

Heaven it is hard to concept the thought of living for eternity in heaven and that everything would be perfect and everyone would be nice and kind.

Hell it is also very hard to think that you will be punished for many years until getting the chance to go to heaven. Also you could be in hell for eternity suffering if you do very bad things in this world.

What is you thought on heaven and hell?

Do you beleive in heaven and hell?

Do you think you will go to heaven or hell?

Is God really real?

Discuss, it can be short or long answers or views.

• 811 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Please post where you obtained this article. Articles without citations are grounds for plagiarism.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

It helps to be a beleiver in him it would make getting to Heaven a whole lot easier

It baffles me though. You have just died, therefore you no longer have a connection to the world from which you passed from. To what links must you keep dear to you even while ethereal? If you have committed atrocities but have never heard of the lord Jesus, you will be brought before God in the gates of Heaven and be asked to leave behind your sinful thoughts, correct? It would be fruitless to keep said thoughts, because not keeping them would in turn grant you entrance to Utopia. Would this be troubling for most people?
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

This is where I got it.

Also one last thing before I go I am not a heavily strong beleiver in the Christain faith but do agree with it. I am open to different religions don't get the wrong picture from me please.

stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

heavily strong beleiver
From seeing your other post, I'm pretty sure that I'm confused now.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

To what links must you keep dear to you even while ethereal?

Sorry, but what do you mean by links. Is it like self morals?

If you have committed atrocities but have never heard of the lord Jesus, you will be brought before God in the gates of Heaven and be asked to leave behind your sinful thoughts, correct?

Yes that is correct. If God and Heaven is really real.

It would be fruitless to keep said thoughts, because not keeping them would in turn grant you entrance to Utopia. Would this be troubling for most people?

Yes, this would be troubling for the people that aren't Christain. It would be troubling because some people would still want there selfishness and pride to still feel like you are a person.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

From seeing your other post, I'm pretty sure that I'm confused now.

It means that I do not go to church very much and Christains are supposted to go to Church every Saturday and/or Sunday. I follower of the reigion and still learning the religion.
stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

Yeah, alright. So, um, let's see... Uh, so, do you have a problem with Atheists?

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

i think that i am going to hell for the sins i have done.i swear .......alot.i cheat on test not as often now.i do not think it will be enternety there. but i will be there.maybe i will get a chance at heaven.maybe not.i am not big on religionbut i do believe in god and i do bellieve in a heavenn and a hell.intill i die i try not to think about it so much

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Sorry, but what do you mean by links. Is it like self morals?

Yes, this would be troubling for the people that aren't Christain. It would be troubling because some people would still want there selfishness and pride to still feel like you are a person.

I am speaking of past events that said person partook in that yielded consequences, consequences that gave said person sins. If said person is then dead, then he/she would lose all connection to the world. Whatever reasons that person had for committing atrocities has vanished. This makes me think that, when presented by God the kingdom of Heaven, said person would no longer have any reason to commit atrocities. So it makes me wonder how believing in God would make it easier to forfeit ways that are deemed sinful to him than by passing to Heaven with 100% ignorance of God. Then let's not forget the nature of Ethics, where there is philosophically no wrong answer to consequences in nature, only popular opinion and consequences that are beneficial as a whole. I'm curious on this, since this particular event is divided amongst the denominations. Are the ignorant and honorable people granted access to Heaven, or just those who believe in God?
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

do you have a problem with Atheists?

No, I have no problem with Atheists. I understand there way of not beleiving in a God because they don't have evidence of a real God they can see.

@killersup9
God will forgive your sins at the gates of Heaven if you a truly sorry about your sins and you will put away your sin, selfishness and pride to go into Heaven.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

it is killsup10 and thank u flames u makeded me feels better for the time being

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

So it makes me wonder how believing in God would make it easier to forfeit ways that are deemed sinful to him than by passing to Heaven with 100% ignorance of God.

Will all those people who have never heard of Jesus Christ be sent to hell? First we must note that the Bible says God will judge all people righteously. It seems there will be a stricter judgment for those who have rejected the gospel of Jesus Christ than those who have never heard. Paul tells us that those who have never heard of the law are not imputed sin under the law. Paul also tells us that those who follow the law (e.g., practicing Jews) will be judged by the law. The people who have never heard of the law are judged by the law of God which He has placed into their hearts:

For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness, and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus. (Romans 2:14-16)

A further indication that the judgment of God is based upon what we know and what we have been given can be seen in a warning by James:

Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we shall incur a stricter judgment. (James 3:1)

In other words, those who know the gospel, study it, and teach it will be under stricter judgment, since they have the ability of guide others, or lead them astray. Jesus, in the parable of the Master and the slaves (Luke 12:41-48) talked about the difference in judgment between those who know the will of God vs. those who do not know:

"And that slave who knew his master's will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, shall receive many lashes, but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. And from everyone who has been given much shall much be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more. (Luke 12:47-48)

Strict Calvinists say that God chooses only some people for salvation, while ****ing the rest to hell. However, the Bible indicates that God wants all people to be saved and none to perish.

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9)

Although God would want that all be saved, He doesn't force anyone to spend eternity with Him. So, all must freely make the choice to seek after Him or reject Him.

Do people have to know the name "Jesus Christ" to be saved? Many people do not know that "Jesus" is not the "real" name of the Savior. His real (Hebrew) name is "Yeshua," which is usually translated into the English as "Joshua." The Greek transliteration is "iaysous." In fact, in three verses of the New Testament (Luke 3:29, Acts 7:45, and Hebrews 4:8), iaysous is translated into the English as "Joshua," since the text refers to the Old Testament saint. In addition, the word "Christ" is not Jesus' last name, but His title. The Greek word "christos" (translated "Christ" in the English) means "Messiah," the "anointed one." This is why the New Testament letters often refer to Jesus as "Christ Jesus," which means "Messiah Jesus." Other languages have different pronunciations of the name of Jesus. However, God is able to understand whom we are talking about and save us no matter what we call the name of the Savior. In addition, Job, from the Old Testament, was saved even though he did not know the name of the Savior. Therefore, although it is true that Jesus is the only way to get into heaven, you don't necessarily have to know His name to get there.

I know there are many Christians who say that all those who die without faith in Christ will be relegated to spend eternity in Hell - even if they have never heard the gospel. I think scripture suggests otherwise - that we are judged on the basis of what we know and how we act upon it. This is not any sort of ecumenical theology or "all ways lead to God." Those who have heard the gospel of Jesus Christ and have refused to believe have rejected Him, and, as such, will fall under the condemnation of God, because they have rejected His provision for our disobedience. Therefore, atheists are still without excuse in rejecting God. Those who perpetrate evil, even without the knowledge of the gospel, will likewise be condemned, since they have violated their God-given conscience. In the same way, those who play the "religion game" of going to church on Sunday, but living apart from a relationship with God, will be condemned.

This is were I got it
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

The people who have never heard of the law are judged by the law of God which He has placed into their hearts:

For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness, and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.

This begs the question: God knows beforehand, since he is omniscient, who goes to Heaven and who goes to Hell. In religious faith, the creation of humans is overall overseen by God himself. Are humans doomed to follow the fate that God has placed upon him/herself?

Although this thought conflicts with this claim:

Although God would want that all be saved, He doesn't force anyone to spend eternity with Him. So, all must freely make the choice to seek after Him or reject Him.

However, which is it? Are humans free to choose whether they can go to Heaven or Hell, or is this fate predetermined (the first passage) overseen by God?
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

This begs the question: God knows beforehand, since he is omniscient, who goes to Heaven and who goes to Hell. In religious faith, the creation of humans is overall overseen by God himself. Are humans doomed to follow the fate that God has placed upon him/herself?

No, humans are not doomed to follow the fate that God has placed upon evryone. The quote says that God has written the Law in their Hearts. Meaning that God has put the faith of the holy spirit and the law of how to live as a follower of God in everyone's heart. So God is a "all-loving God he is our sheperd leading us the way of goodness. So we are not doomed to follow the fate God has put upon us. We will all have a chance to go to heaven.

However, which is it? Are humans free to choose whether they can go to Heaven or Hell, or is this fate predetermined (the first passage) overseen by God?

Humans are free to choose whether they can go to Heaven or Hell. Some might choose to go to Hell because they had a different religion in the first place and cannot except God or they don't want to give up there sin, slefishness and pride for God. But they can choose to give up their sins, selfishness and pride to go into Heaven.

Although this thought conflicts with this claim

I don't think it conflicted.

@Killersup10

Your welcome, I am glad I made you feel better feel free to ask anymore questions. I am sure many people would gladly answer them.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I got to go for today I will answer the rest of you thought and questions tomorrow.

A question for everyone to discuss about here:

What would Heaven and Hell look like?

Showing 76-90 of 811