ForumsThe TavernWASD or Arrow Keys?

33 5796
AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

Which one do you prefer and why? I personally prefer WASD because it's closer to the other keys which makes it easier to play the game (unless you have three hands).

• 33 Replies
farrowking37
farrowking37
610 posts
Nomad

WASD for games using mouse controls as well, it is easier to use your mouse with WASD controls. If you don't need a mouse to play though i tend to use the arrow keys.

xfirealchemistx
xfirealchemistx
370 posts
Nomad

W

ASD for games using mouse controls as well, it is easier to use your mouse with WASD controls. If you don't need a mouse to play though i tend to use the arrow keys.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I used to like arrow keys when I was younger because I could know which one did which easy with the arrows. But WSAD is alot beter it is closer to other keys.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I always like the double controlled games with the WASD keys and the mouse, that makes for some great interaction! Especially the shooting games like TLS-UC! =D

But I also like those 2D arcade platform games, where you have to use the arrow keys combined with the spacebar and 'A' 'S' 'D' keys, like the "Hobo" series!

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

I like to use WASD because it makes the mouse easier to use at the same time.

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

WASD w/ mouse and/or any keys on the right side of my laptop. Arrows for anything else.

SoccerGirl27
SoccerGirl27
138 posts
Nomad

i would rather use the arrow keys just cuz i mean up is up and down is down and so forth. just makes things less confusing. and also i would have to move my right hand all the way over cuz if i wanted to use my left hand for the keys...it would be a major fail

Dracolich
Dracolich
79 posts
Nomad

WASD - makes the mouse easier to use. And I can use UHJK at the same time!

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

Depends on the game. If it's mostly controlled by the mouse, WASD is easier. If it's largely a keyboard game, the arrows are easier.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Is it just me or is their another thread just like this in the flash game section?

Heres the exact comment I made for your liking:

As others have stated, WASD is better for me because you have more options with it with space and mouse and your pinky on enter if you're playing raze.

Here's the link to the thread
AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

Is it just me or is their another thread just like this in the flash game section?

haha. oh hey. what do you know. *goes into room* *shuts and locks the door* *curls up in a ball* *cries because i made a duplicate thread*
ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

I would like W,A,S,D if there is mouse control but I like the arrow keys any other way...

macfan1
macfan1
421 posts
Nomad

I like wasd.

awesomeplayer312
awesomeplayer312
187 posts
Nomad

For me it usually depends on the game im playing.I use WASD if its controlled by the mouse.

StrategicCaptain
StrategicCaptain
393 posts
Nomad

WASD, like others, if there is mouse control, but if I like the arrow keys on occasion, because of some hardcore gaming!

Showing 1-15 of 33