ForumsThe Tavernrecomondations for anime? anyone?

22 3371
81tyler
81tyler
48 posts
Nomad

i am bored and trying to look for an anime to watch so please recomend an anime

• 22 Replies
loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

Already have a topic on this, but

Hetalia: Axis Powers
Cowboy Bebop
Broken Blade
Soul Eater

Those are off the top of my head

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

my top 3 animes are

fruits basket

clannad

and kaliedo star.

those arent really into action but i liked them. now im watching elfen lied (i thought id hate it because of the violence but i like it). there are many many good animes.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Try Deathnote. Just stop watching it after 25 as it gets stupid after that.

81tyler
81tyler
48 posts
Nomad

i tried deathnote and which clannad, clannad after story or clannad thanks

81tyler
81tyler
48 posts
Nomad

oh and for some people here are some anime websites anime44.com,watchanimeon.com,animeseason.com,anime5.com,and animecrazy.com but anime5.com isn't too much of english

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

clannad after story is the sequel to clannad. but really it ALMOST has no magic in it and it has pretty much no action at all. only watch it if you want something emotional

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Good idea: Share anime, usually with a good, proper recommendation to why he should watch it.
bad idea: Put in places where you can watch anime illegally.

Anyway. Join the awesome, watch Gurren Lagann. If you have already watched it, go watch it again, recharge in the awesome and pierce the heavens.
It has Kamina.

Otherwise we have such wonders as mindscrew, I mean, Neon Genesis Evangelion, another most wonderful mecha series with a bunch of weird stuff going on, however without Kamina and thus awesome. It does however have multiple versions, each one weirder and darker than the next.

If you are not into the awesome of robots, but would rather have pretty boys protecting the pretty girl, no linear plotline, a secondary plotline in another series and currently no ending, I will recommend CLAMP's Tsubasa Chronicles. If you manage to understand where that series is going, especially if you take up the manga to actually get the ending, please come tell me, because I got pretty lost after the first clone comes in.
Either way, usual going: Boy likes girl, girl likes boy, girl gets caught in mysterious phenomenon that scatters her memory as feathers throughout different worlds and dimensions, boy goes to find her memories through time and space travel. Insert witty gay magical guy, grumpy warrior that is cursed to become weaker if he kills someone, and little fuzzy animal that refers to itself in third person.
For extra awesome, XXXholic is the secondary plotline. You won't notice.

Animatrix for extra storyline on the Matrix series, which is actually a bit more amusing than the movies, perhaps due to the gracious amount of art styles and naked.

But all that of course depends on your likes and so forth.

happybirthdayaphant1
happybirthdayaphant1
53 posts
Nomad

It really depends on your taste in anime. I'm very picky on my genres. It would also help if you tell us what anime you watched already, which ones you dint like, etc.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

That looks like boring.
http://images.wikia.com/gurennlagann/images/c/c5/Kamina_sunglasses.jpg
Obviously, dirty humour, mecha, dumb luck and awesome shades can beat that.
Watch Gurren Lagann today!

Wow, I almost sounded like one of those advertisers...

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

It still sounds like boring. And the fact I had to poke you to make a better recommendation makes it sound even worse.

Anyway, boasting aside, what else...
Oh right, dotHACK for your favourite virtual MMORPG gone live. I have personally only watched .HACK//SIGN, but the weird plot along with the way they portray the real world compared to the virtual is rather amusing. The main protagonist can seem a little annoying at times, but of course we need that for having them grow on us, right?
Also, who wouldn't want to play a game like that. Or hide behind avatars in an almost real world.
The rest of the series can probably be recommended as well, but I wouldn't know.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Sorry, I am a bit biased towards Cen, that manly stud, so I will have to side with him!

I threw up a little in my mouth there...

Hmm, again....
For your ghostly needs, watch Boogiepop Phantom, brutal murders and gore ahoy. It's all a little fuzzy, but I distinctly remember it was awesome, it was chilling and that it was worth a watch.
Nice animation, use of colour as to be expected.
Was a joy to have watched before having to ride my bike home in the dark.

81tyler
81tyler
48 posts
Nomad

well the anime i already watched is a lot so anyway my genres are adventure and school

numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

Full Metal Alchemist

Baccano

Elfen Lied

House of Five Leaves

Awesome Story in all of them and they all make you question certain principles of life.

SubZero131
SubZero131
598 posts
Nomad

GIGAAA DRILL BREAKERRRRRRRRRR COUGHGAG

Watch Gurren Lagann

One of my favorites is FMA: Brotherhood.
IMO Brotherhood is WAYY better than the 2003 FMA anime. Brotherhood follows the Manga FMA doesn't.

Elfen Lied

If you like limbs being cut off constantly watch this.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

GIGAAA DRILL BREAKERRRRRRRRRR COUGHGAG

\\o/

Oh, right, forgot about FMA. Probably because I haven't watched it as much as tried to read through it.
Compelling story, the right amount of fun and giggles versus serious horror, especially considering the protagonists are alchemists, and thus pretty much works around transmutation, making one thing another. Or in some cases, it isn't things they are changing.

Elfen Lied is something you watch for the horror and gore first, then the story second. It does have its qualities, but the weird blend of fan service and people being brutally murdered is rather mood swing inducing.
it does have some likeable music, however.

Deltora Quest might be worth it if you enjoyed the books. It looks interesting, the plot of the book was quite amusing, and it looks like it is following it the best it can, with the added features of anime, which obviously is visual as opposed to the written text.
Showing 1-15 of 22