ForumsThe TavernOfficial Question/Favourite Item of the TWeek thread: Toilet Paper Orientation

189 50753
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

So this is the "Official Question/Favourite Item of the Week" thread!
Isn't it exciting?

Since everyone has recently shown an interest in asking and answering random questions, I've decided to make this thread. That way the Tavern will not be cluttered up, but such things may be spoken about.

Any other threads asking about favourites or asking a random question shall be locked on sight at the discretion of the moderation team. Notice that some threads asking a question may still exist. Those threads actually harbour some actual discussions.

Each week, a new question/favourite will be asked, and the thread title will be changed to reflect it. As in the other forums, please make sure to keep responses to a reasonable length (IE more than 1-3 words). Inappropriate or spammy responses will be deleted by the moderation team.

So let's get this thing going then! Starting topic:

What is your favourite operating system (such as Windows, Mac, Linux, etc..) and why?

• 189 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

New Question: What is your dream job or major and minor to achieve in college?

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

My major (as of now) is linguistics. I really love learning new languages, and it comes pretty easy to me. It's really awesome to immerse yourself in different culture, you should all try it some time. My minor will probably be Psychology. Psychology is really interesting, probably because it's not an exact science.

My dream job (again, as of now) is probably to be a translator for the UN, or any sort of government job.

Now, if you combine all of my past intended majors....
I'd be a multi-lingual lawyer with a doctorate in psychology, that's been into space, bakes the best desserts you've ever tasted, and is a member of a famous band.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

killersup loves where he works now.at the gun club.athough it will not be near enough to pay bills or taxes in the future so killersup thinks it would be awesome to be a paleontologist(looks for dinosaur bones)killersup has been into dinosaurs since he was 4 and it just kinda stuck.it would be sweet though.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I'm a chemist and I work as a laboratory assistant. Is this my ideal job? I thought so when I got the job. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a complete fiasco. Actually, I like the job and there are many things I can learn, but the company where I work at is... let's say it's not good at all
Maybe someday I'll find my ideal job, but at the moment what I really want is a job in which my boss respects me as a professional.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Dream job, well I want to be a neuroscientist. But I'm not exactly sure how that will work out so I might just try for being a medical neurologist. Or I might go into psychology, I just know I really want to do something involving the human mind. If not that I would also be satisfied to work in a field involving the lungs. That would be my dream job.

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

Wow. People here have interesting ambitions. I wonder how many are actually gonna come true. You'll all probably end up flipping burgers at McDonalds for minimum wage. hahaha XD
---
But as for me, my dream job would be to be a fiction book author. Once I do that I'll make millions of dollars and I'll take over the world. bwahahaha

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I am not really sure. At first I wanted to do Computer Engineering. Then i learned that I didn't really like the hardware side and was more of a software guy. I thought that Computer Science would be better for me. Then I took Statistics and really enjoyed it so maybe I should something along that alley. Right now I am thinking a major in Computer Graphics and a minor in Informatics.

calebsi
calebsi
202 posts
Farmer

Well I would like to be a professional sport athlete because you get fame, money, and a fun job. I also really love playing sports.

brunitxo
brunitxo
58 posts
Nomad

My dream job is being rich... *sigh*... I'm really good with softwares, and I feel comfortable working with that area, so I believe I'll go for Computer Science. A backup plan would be going back to professional swimming, even though I feel a lot of pressure in the competitions' world. If all goes wrong, I've always been a good writer, so I could live off that... I guess.

dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

something that involves technology, cause I am pretty good in computers and programs. But since I think that science is interesting, it might change what I want to be.

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

I have two ideas that I've been whittling it down to eventually. Both very high-paying.

First is forensic pathology. So my job would be cutting apart corpses to determine how they died. Pretty gruesome, but it's interesting, and it has great pay. Oh yeah, and I've seen autopsies. Looks nothing like CSI, lol.

Second is bench jewelry. I'd be working in a jewelry store actually making jewelry from scratch. Cutting the gems, making the rings, etc. I've had a recent fascination with gemstones. I figure I could start up my own jewelry store. The materials are actually fairly cheap. And besides, women like jewelry, right?

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Thaboss would love to write sci-fi/fantasy books or do something with technology. Specifically, programming. All kinds.

wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

Job: Computer person (software designer, etc.)
Majior, Minor: Anything that gets me there xD i want the job, why, i am gonna be ritch!

TRUdog
TRUdog
1,031 posts
Nomad

Probably a cartoonist or a comic book artist would be my dream job. But that isn't very likely.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

Job: Lawyer/politician

Major/Minor: Poli Sci/French

ballin' it up XD

Showing 31-45 of 189