ForumsThe TavernLin-sanity

23 4054
Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

Jeremy Lin is taking the NBA by storm. Do you think he is a legitimate star and could be invited to future all-star games?

• 23 Replies
TheFlash6
TheFlash6
83 posts
Nomad

Yeah he's awesome He'll probaly take it to the next level.

derp3101
derp3101
171 posts
Peasant

he might ..[if he plays his cards right] cango on the hall of fame

Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

He's still being pretty consistent and his work ethic is awesome.

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

He's been playing really good and he's passing the ball and racking up assists and beating Kobe makes him legit. The problem I've been from him are the turnovers but that's it.

Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

If he keeps it up, he could be the second Yao Ming. It's cool to see an Asian do well in sports, but lets hope he's not a one hit wonder and will continue to be productive.

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Yes I think this guy is going to be a big star. Did you know he is on youtube on nigahiga.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

If he keeps it up, he could be the second Yao Ming. It's cool to see an Asian do well in sports, but lets hope he's not a one hit wonder and will continue to be productive.

Hope he doesn't become the second Yao Ming, because Yao Ming really sucks big time now....
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Lin is a rather good player, however he has a lot of areas of his game to improve upon. Especially free-throw shooting, assist ratio and general control of the ball.

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

We'll see how he does today vs the Heat.

Nah, Jeremy Lin will be just Jeremy Lin.
Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

Hope he doesn't become the second Yao Ming, because Yao Ming really sucks big time now....

is he even in the NBA still?
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

is he even in the NBA still?

Nah, Yao Ming retired this summer. The numerous injuries got the best of him.
Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

Nah, Yao Ming retired this summer. The numerous injuries got the best of him.

I was gona say I didn't think I've seen him at all, but they didn't even like have a special on him on sports center that I saw. Must've been a quiet retirement, but yeah, when you're that tall things tend to start to go wrong earlier, especially the back. What was wrong with him?
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

What was wrong with him?

His main problem were injuries to his foot and ankle. Yao Ming was injury-riddled since at least 2009. This may somewhat explain the lack of attention his retirement got. Most people had just kinda forgotten him.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I think Jeremy Lin will stay around mainly because his skill isn't mostly based on talent. It relies on his tremendous work ethic and his knowledge of the game. Many players that have great talent will do great one game and terrible the next. The only thing he really needs to get better on is taking care of the ball.

I love Lin. He's smart and a great basketball player.

Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

I think Jeremy Lin will stay around mainly because his skill isn't mostly based on talent. It relies on his tremendous work ethic and his knowledge of the game. Many players that have great talent will do great one game and terrible the next

I think the exact opposite is true. I think players with skill don't have to work as hard game to game. Their skill set carries them, so they do consistently well. Players that only work hard have games where the energy just isn't there are they look terrible. luckily I think lin has both.
Showing 1-15 of 23