ForumsThe TavernWays to Break Up with Someone

23 2838
PerryKid
PerryKid
1,269 posts
Nomad

There's this girl I kinda want to break up with, but I don't want her to hate me, for good reasons, too.

I just want to know some lines I can use besides "It's not you, it's me." and "There are others..."

• 23 Replies
Xavierthe9
Xavierthe9
155 posts
Farmer

well, as a writer, i could write you a script.
something along the lines of, "I dont think that its working out between us" or "i think we should break up, but can we still be friends?" y'know. etc. hope I helped, even a little.

Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

I always manage to make break-ups mutual, that way there is no bad blood... i usually do something like. "I'v had a lot of fun, and you're a wonderful person, but im ready to move on to other people now. I really hope we can still be friends beucase you meen a lot to me." They can't say no to that :P

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

Just be terrible to her and make her break up with you.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Have you tried actually thinking up something that is relevant to your situation? And, say, honesty?
Even if it is "Sorry, but I don't actually like you that much in that way any more, so I don't think any of us will get any thing good out of continuing this relationship." it should work a lot better than "It's not you, it's meeeee!" and all that stuff. If you don't want to piss her off, be honest and considerate. That way, even if she gets mad, there is a good chance she will cool off and be alright with it afterwards.

greenplanet011
greenplanet011
207 posts
Nomad

how about saying something like "This relationship is going now where and because of that....i want to break up"......just a thought i had.

wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

Okay, ill try to help out here. If you guys are in 5th grade through 7th grade just say "I dont think we were quite ready for this realationship, and i still want to be you friend but not your boyfriend. and if you guys were serious, kiss her on the cheek (on her face not her butt cheek, just clearing that up!!) and if you reallize you liked her, go back to it after awile.
Hope it helps!!

WaKySwAg

Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

write them a letter as follows:

"Dear baby. Welcome to DUMPSville. Population you!"
- Homer Simpson

Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

write them a letter as follows:
"Dear baby. Welcome to DUMPSville. Population you!"

Yeah somehow I don't think that will bode well with her.
kmrst
kmrst
6 posts
Nomad

Just be terrible to her and make her break up with you.

That will get you backhanded very, very fast. Also she is likely to tell her friends that you are pretty much a jerk, if your in school this could pose some problems because within 2-8 days pretty much every girl in the school will know... Once this happens it will be around 3 months (at worst) before you could get another girlfriend. Trust me I speak from experience.
psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

You could make a you tube video . . .
(somehow i think this is going to turn into a a funniest way to break up with someone thread)

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Make her like somebody else...

Wow, that would be a last resort for somone who's really desperate to break up with somone else.

SteveeXb
SteveeXb
490 posts
Templar

in a breakup, my advice would be not to use trickery, or shenanagans. just talk to her, tell her how you feel. Be Honest and considerate. you could just basicly say that you dont think that you are "right" for each other, and mabe you should see other people. also DONT PHYKE YOURSELF OUT. it most likely wont go as badly as you think it will. just do it. if you overthink it, you will find yourself just stammering and stuttering when you finally go and do it.

awesomeplayer312
awesomeplayer312
187 posts
Nomad

Just say that the relationship isn't going well. I'm pretty sure she will understand that...i think at least.

SteveeXb
SteveeXb
490 posts
Templar

keep in mind that we dont know you guys well enough to give you good advice about breaking up with her. Also you better hope to GOD that she doesnt have an armor games account cuz if she sees this thread she will Not be happy, not at all....

AtDiDuDe
AtDiDuDe
30 posts
Blacksmith

wow....urmm...maybe u should say u need to focus on ur study's? or maybe u need to focus on anything @@

Showing 1-15 of 23