ForumsThe TavernWays to Break Up with Someone

23 2837
PerryKid
PerryKid
1,269 posts
Nomad

There's this girl I kinda want to break up with, but I don't want her to hate me, for good reasons, too.

I just want to know some lines I can use besides "It's not you, it's me." and "There are others..."

• 23 Replies
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I have read all of the posts and I can't figure out any more advice to give that would help.

(somehow i think this is going to turn into a a funniest way to break up with someone thread)

When I saw the thread name, I thought it would be funny ways. Here's one that I think is funny: On facebook, change your status from "In a relationship" to "Single."
numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

When I saw the thread name, I thought it would be funny ways. Here's one that I think is funny: On facebook, change your status from "In a relationship" to "Single."

that's the cowards way out, it will most likely get you punched in the face
TonyN66
TonyN66
29 posts
Nomad

Easiest way is to make fun of your bf/gf. JS.

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

You could just flat out say it...

greenplanet011
greenplanet011
207 posts
Nomad

OR,or,or,you can get the show mobbed to help you break up with her.That would make one heck of an episode.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Just be terrible to her and make her break up with you.

Russell Peters tried this for four years and it didn't work once, lol.

The hardest part and the most important part is that you be honest*. You can't assume that she's thinking anything in particular.

The most important part is that there isn't always a "reason". If you're not feeling it, you're not feeling it, and it's okay to make that clear. Making up reasons (including "it's not you, it's me&quot will put everybody on the defensive.

* It helps if your relationship was founded on honesty in the first place.
Evilfishy111
Evilfishy111
1,386 posts
Shepherd

I agree with strop, being honest is the best way to talk to someone. If you lie, it makes things worse and they wont like you.

derp3101
derp3101
171 posts
Peasant

If I posted this before valintines ,it could've worked.i was thinking of not getting her any presents for valintines,like candy ,a card .....etc.Some girls get personal with valintines and want something as great as good as hers........don't get her ANYTHNG!!!!She might slap though.Its an experiment.

Showing 16-23 of 23