ForumsThe TavernUnusual Bad Habits

27 6244
BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

My parents told me I used to like chewing on my shirt when I was a child. About fourth/fifth grade. I now feel retarded because of that, and I want to change my habit of wanting to look at the washing machine swirl. Does anyone have/had unusual bad habits like me?

• 27 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

My parents told me I used to like chewing on my shirt when I was a child.

That's actually not all the uncommon.

and I want to change my habit of wanting to look at the washing machine swirl.

That sounds more like OCD than a habit. And if you don't want to watch it swirl, put something over it so you can't.
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

My unusal habit is that I almost always need to do something physical. Leg shaking, rocking in my seat, making imaginary x's over my fingers, something. It's bad because sometimes people notice and think I'm weird. Then the situation gets a little awkward and embarrasing when they tell me to stop or copy me.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I have a very annoying habit that I'll always try to twist and crack my neck. It used to be because it was sore maybe because I slept on it badly, but then it just turned into a habit. Actually awhile back I cracked it really hard (back when it was actually sore) and then I could barely move it without it hurting a lot.

BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

That's actually not all the uncommon

Really? I didn't think so.

That sounds more like OCD than a habit

I just look at it for about fifteen seconds, somewhat fascinated, then go. I'm not addicted to looking at the washing machine.
Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

I chew on whatever I'm holding, and I whistle/make noise.. constantly. It annoys people

SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

I bite my nails, and flip my hair constantly.

happybirthdayaphant1
happybirthdayaphant1
53 posts
Nomad

I always wear my red bathrobe whenever I'm not going out. It could be the hottest day in the summer and i have on this fluffy red bathrobe. I never actually use it for its intended purpose.

awesomeplayer312
awesomeplayer312
187 posts
Nomad

I used to suck my fingers but not my thumb.But one of my friends she used to bite her toenails off.She told me it wasn't that bad and i'm like ok sure say that to urself.

42maelstrom
42maelstrom
123 posts
Nomad

I stretch way too often. I get sore from stretching my legs too much, so I stretch them some more to make them feel better...

Bladesam
Bladesam
74 posts
Farmer

Hmm... bad habits..

I'm not sure if it's necessarily a bad habit, but I like to scratch my stomach because it drives one of my sisters crazy. However, that's really the only reason I do it.. nothing more than just poking fun at siblings XD

Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

Well when i was a kid i had a bunch of ticks...punching the air...jaw cracking...kicking...neck twisting.. eye rolling...but all that has gone away.

Now... it's probably zit popping and nail biteing..

Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

I don't think nail biting should be considerd a bad habbit. It's more of just a habbit. Giving that like 85% of people bite their nails... and it doesen't effect your health to my knowledge...

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

and it doesen't effect your health to my knowledge...

I believe it can cause tooth damage, and also damage to the extremities depending on how much they bite off/how they do it.

-I wiped my dirty hands off on my pants

That's not a habit.

-I can't really sit still, I'm always doing something

Also not a habit.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I don't think nail biting should be considerd a bad habbit. It's more of just a habbit. Giving that like 85% of people bite their nails... and it doesen't effect your health to my knowledge...

There are bacteria that live on your nails that you are letting into your mouth, and bacteria can get under your nails, but these probably aren't going to get you seriously sick, if they get you sick at all.
Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

There are bacteria that live on your nails that you are letting into your mouth, and bacteria can get under your nails, but these probably aren't going to get you seriously sick, if they get you sick at all.

OK FINE. IN AMERICA, it is probably safe to bite your nails, but in third world contries like Haiti and others..it's probably a good idea to wash your hands first.
Showing 1-15 of 27