ForumsThe TavernGalaxy Foamposites

21 6749
mattt15
mattt15
1,669 posts
Nomad

So here's a story about these extremely rare shoes, Galaxy Foamposites.

It's a shoe that cost about 225$ in retail stores but can be sold for over a grand because of it's rareness. So the other day, I waited at this store because they we're gonna release at midnight. I went there 8 hours before the release, which was at 4PM right after school. I was around the 35ft in line. After 8 hours of wait, only the 15 first people got them and they had a pair on auction which someone bought for 1450$ and the store used that money to help cancer.

We were lucky because over here in Montreal, more specifically in the store Exclucity, we did not have any violence, but yet some polices came to inspect the store if they'd have any danger.

People waited for a week just for a pair of shoe. They brought tents, food, chairs, etc.

In North Carolina, per example, more than 500 people and had to cancel the release because of many reasons. Polices and riots came. Here's the video :

And here's the shoe : http://scallywagandvagabond.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/nike-air-foamposite-one-nrg-galaxy-all-star-03.jpg

What do you guys all think about this ?

• 21 Replies
Xavierthe9
Xavierthe9
155 posts
Farmer

Well, its a bit much for a shoe... the most ever paid for mine was around $30. :P

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

It is a little much for a shoe, although they're totally beautiful.
What's specifically so great about them though?

deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

What's specifically so great about them though?

Thats the detail we need about them. Do they improve our speed? Do they help us in any way?
mattt15
mattt15
1,669 posts
Nomad

What's so good about them ?
-They're beautiful
-They're basketball shoes with amazing grip
-They're rare
-They contain a space print colorway
-They're comfy and contain amazing quality

I saw on Ebay, someone bid about 50 000$ for these !

brunitxo
brunitxo
58 posts
Nomad

I've never paid more than 50 bucks for a pair of shoes... yeah, those might be really comfortable and they ARE awesome looking, but the question is: can you live with just shoes? Is that the most important thing in your life? I think sometimes people just create a concept for themselves in which status matters a lot more than having any abilities or being a good person (-cough- like E.T. would've said).

mattt15
mattt15
1,669 posts
Nomad

Yea your right about all you said but it's just that some people love shoes so much it ends up like a drug and start collecting them and all. It's dumb.

CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

Waiting a week just to blow $225 on a pair of sneakers? That's just wrong. Functionally, those shoes won't do anything more than a $15-$20 pair from a bargain store, and you'd save a lot of money that way too. And if it's the space graphic you want, just Google "Hubble Telescope photos" and you'll get some truly amazing space pictures. FOR FREE.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

-They're beautiful
-They're basketball shoes with amazing grip
-They're rare
-They contain a space print colorway
-They're comfy and contain amazing quality

Understandable why a person would pay 225 on them, i suppose.
But really, going into the thousands is a bit absurd.
I mean, they don't cure cancer. They're shoes.
brunitxo
brunitxo
58 posts
Nomad

Neither do they help you with Physics and Chemistry. Remember, that's more important than the cure of cancer. :3

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

Those are some epic-looking shoes. If they were less expensive and more abundant, I'd buy them in a heartbeat. But why don't they just manufacture more of them to prevent all the riots?

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

I saw those on the news, people are going crazy for them. Personally, I'm sticking to my Under Armor shoes.

I'm not one of those people who wait in line for more than an hour, unless it's to use the bathroom. If I'd have to wait for a week, I'd go suicidal. Probably not, but I'd have some weird mental reactions to say the least. And I bet most people would.

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

but I'd have some weird mental reactions to say the least. And I bet most people would.

I know I would. Staying in one place for such a pointless reason would drive me crazy.
-
Oh and one more thing I'd like to add to what CommanderPaladin said:

And if it's the space graphic you want, just Google "Hubble Telescope photos" and you'll get some truly amazing space pictures. FOR FREE.

Then print out those pictures and tape them to your shoes!
mattt15
mattt15
1,669 posts
Nomad

Yea this is when you know us society is messed up.
I agree with you guys that waiting in line for such a long time to buy some expensive shoes is a dumb move, but if you guys understood what the "sneakergame" is, then you'd understand all the reasons why we'd do such things like this.

mattt15
mattt15
1,669 posts
Nomad

And they did not make too more or else it wouldn't be as rare. It's not the Nike companies fault if the polices and riots all come, it's the stores/malls for not having a good enough security.

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Well, please, explain the "sneakergame" and enlighten our perception of insanity.

Showing 1-15 of 21