ForumsThe TavernGalaxy Foamposites

21 6747
mattt15
mattt15
1,669 posts
Nomad

So here's a story about these extremely rare shoes, Galaxy Foamposites.

It's a shoe that cost about 225$ in retail stores but can be sold for over a grand because of it's rareness. So the other day, I waited at this store because they we're gonna release at midnight. I went there 8 hours before the release, which was at 4PM right after school. I was around the 35ft in line. After 8 hours of wait, only the 15 first people got them and they had a pair on auction which someone bought for 1450$ and the store used that money to help cancer.

We were lucky because over here in Montreal, more specifically in the store Exclucity, we did not have any violence, but yet some polices came to inspect the store if they'd have any danger.

People waited for a week just for a pair of shoe. They brought tents, food, chairs, etc.

In North Carolina, per example, more than 500 people and had to cancel the release because of many reasons. Polices and riots came. Here's the video :

And here's the shoe : http://scallywagandvagabond.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/nike-air-foamposite-one-nrg-galaxy-all-star-03.jpg

What do you guys all think about this ?

• 21 Replies
mattt15
mattt15
1,669 posts
Nomad

I'll just resume it.
It's a type of collecting type of hobby where you collect sneakers, especially from the Jordan/Nike/Adidas/Reebok brand so that you can show them off through pictures/videos or by wearing them nicely and cleanly with your outfit, or compare your collection with others.
You can also trade them and it this term can also be called "Shoegame".

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Well, I guess everybody has their own hobbies/preferences.

mattt15
mattt15
1,669 posts
Nomad

Indeed. And for me it's sneakers. Some is cars, others is cards, video-games, etc.

Zamiel
Zamiel
175 posts
Nomad

I do think it's rather funny that you pay THAT much for a shoe you won't even wear , because it's actually to valueble to use it for the purpose it was made for.

mattt15
mattt15
1,669 posts
Nomad

Some people bought it to re-sell on Ebay for 1K+ and has their pair of shoes sold in no time. But yea to the ones who won't wear it, they just buy it to collect it which might sound dumb.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

... I'm not going to sugar coat this, but they look kind of ugly to me.

Showing 16-21 of 21