ForumsPopular MediaThe Hunger Games

56 17012
elfassasin
elfassasin
87 posts
Peasant

What did you think of the series? And will you see the movie?

• 56 Replies
SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

The first two were really good but it felt like she rushed the last one. The ending made no sense at all. As for the movie, Katniss isn't as hot as I pictured, but I won't let that stop me from watching it. Did you know that the actor who plays Katniss played Mystique in First Class? Also, I would advise checking out this Parody.

elfassasin
elfassasin
87 posts
Peasant

Haha I agree with you on all of that. Also Gale doesn't exactly look like I imagined him but I'll still go.

Ps. The link didn't work.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

The books were fantastic, although once again i agree about the last one being rushed. I am looking forward to the movie, it's looking good !

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I have never read the book. The movie looks really good though. If I like in enough I will read the books.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Katniss isn't as hot as I pictured

Are you seriously looking for the main girl character in a movie like Hunger to be the hottest girl to walk the earth? The book even commented on the fact that she wasn't overly attractive.

Also Gale doesn't exactly look like I imagined him but I'll still go.

Hmmmm, I disagree with this too, maybe I'm just in a disagreeable mood right now.

*SPOILER ALERT*
Anyway, I agree with the last book comments, and I also think there wasn't enough true action for the most part, but I still get a bit pissed that she ended up with Peeta, who I spent half the time thinking was the ultimate wuss. And Effie looks so creepy, I can't wait to see how they make the rest of the Capitol citizens. I am a bit mad that they made Lenny Cinna, knowing that he dies off. I like Lenny as an actor and won't be happy to see him die.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

The first two were really good but it felt like she rushed the last one. The ending made no sense at all.

I think the first was by far the best, the second was boring until it almost copied the first in a way because of how much the idea sold, I have nothing to say about the third except that it disappointed me a lot.

[cocky me]I think I was actually one of the first to read these books, I tried out the first one I think 5 years ago.[/cocky me]

As for the movie, I'm not even watching it. It will just disappoint me even more, I'm sure of it after watching many other movies made off of books. It would be much more worthwhile to watch a different movie or just keep my money.
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

As for the movie, I'm not even watching it. It will just disappoint me even more, I'm sure of it after watching many other movies made off of books. It would be much more worthwhile to watch a different movie or just keep my money.

But the cast looks so good, and their actually going to make a trilogy instead of trying to cram three books into 2 hours!!! And seeing a book movie that isn't harry potter and twilight get big spotlight coverage is enough to make me see it.
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

I'm currently reading the trilogy right now (just starting book 2) and am so far very impressed with it, definitely going to see the movie. Although, after seeing so many movies after books not being good, I don't know what to expect. I guess we'll see when it's in theaters.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

DUDE I CANNOT WAIT! I LOVE THE BOOKS.
In fact, I'm taking them with me to Ireland to re read them on the way.
The cast is lovely, but I was a bit iffy about Katniss. I think she'll do really well, though.
Anyways. I can't wait! SUPER PSYCHED

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

KATNISS Y U NO LIKE GALE?
Good books, but i must say i want to see a Skulduggery Pleasant movie as well as a Mortal Engines movie.
Movie looks great I'll see it

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

http://armorgames.com/image/armatar_110_25.25_c.jpg
I already have my money ready to go and buy the ticket to the movie this is one of the books that really needed to become a movie and I think the peacekeepers look a-lot more different than what I imagined them >.>

calebsi
calebsi
202 posts
Farmer

Calebsi just finished reading the first book today and he loved it! Calebsi could not stop reading it.
He will probably not see the movie because movies that come from books always ruins Calebsi's love of the book

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

[cocky me]I think I was actually one of the first to read these books, I tried out the first one I think 5 years ago.[/cocky me]

Me too! I read the first one right when it came out, and had to wait for the next two! I tried to tell all of my friends how amazing they were, but none of them believed me. Now every single person in my grade has read them and are obsessed with them.

I am definitely going to see the movie I love Gale!!!
awesomeplayer312
awesomeplayer312
187 posts
Nomad

The Hunger Games is a really good book but the others are ok.But anyway im gonna see the midnight premier of it....CANT WAT! XD

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE MOVIE!!!! I read all the books... LUVED IT! and my g-ma is gonna take me to see it when it comes out. I'M ECSTATIC!!! DDD

Showing 1-15 of 56