ForumsPopular MediaThe Hunger Games

56 17061
elfassasin
elfassasin
87 posts
Peasant

What did you think of the series? And will you see the movie?

• 56 Replies
awesomeplayer312
awesomeplayer312
187 posts
Nomad

I read the books and watched the midnight primer....it was totally AWESOME!!when u first see it people will say its predictable but its good if the movie is like the book.

cooldownman
cooldownman
116 posts
Nomad

Haha books were alot better, i think they got the crowd that was watching in the stands (the weird looking people lol) thats how i pictured them in the book. it was good though.

Bux99
Bux99
301 posts
Nomad

Yeah the books were pretty good, a lot better than the film, although i thought the film was'nt that bad. I agree with cooldownman the crowd and people were dressed outrageous kind of how i imagined them to be.

Q_File
Q_File
108 posts
Nomad

There are 12 districts. 23 tributes die each round. The series has 3 books.
And the movie came out on 3/23/12.

Sparrahawk
Sparrahawk
3 posts
Peasant

I like the first book but i fell like it kinda went down from there.
I REALLY want to see the movie

Bux99
Bux99
301 posts
Nomad

There are 12 districts. 23 tributes die each round. The series has 3 books.
And the movie came out on 3/23/12.

Interesting bit of knowledge for you there!! Never realised that!!
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

The books were not that bad but the movie wasn't great

Care to explain why you thought that movie wasn't that great? I thought it was very well done. There were only a few things they didn't mention that I thought they should have.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

i loved the books, the movie on the other hand... well let's say i was sitting there thinking in my head all of the many things they got wrong, like where Katniss got the pin, there was no point in doing that wrong and another serious flaw i must show you in a picture

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/403511_421575617853693_1100127027_n.jpg

see?

~manly man

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

well i read the books and from the adverts i dont know it just doesnt look good ( the film) and on the book gale was getting really annoying and so was katniss i'd like the book more if it was about her little sister but books were still good

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

i dont know it just doesnt look good ( the film)

What makes you think it doesn't look good? The people in it? The setting? What?
see?

Unless it is her touching the guys then no.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I haven't seen the movie because they over advertised for it and it turns me off.
The same happened with Avatar, I didn't go see it at the cinema but I saw it on TV and I liked it.

MrPhoenomenal
MrPhoenomenal
46 posts
Nomad

I've read the first book, it was good. I haven't seen the movie though.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I read all of the series and finished it three weeks before the movie came out. Didn't even know about the movie until it came out. I don't really have an excessive need to see the movie. I enjoyed the first book, the second was boring, and the third was a bit dry, cliche even.

For now, I'll just stick with the best Halo: Reach map rendition of the books.

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

Why does everyone say: "like twilight", (my opinion) TWILIGHT SUCKS (my opinion). btw, i read the book, it's a good book, and the movie's great

Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

it is a great movie, nothing like twilight

Showing 31-45 of 56