ForumsThe TavernMost Inspirational Historic Figure

20 4392
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Who is the most inspirational historic figure to you?
By historic, I mean a prominent person who most people would know.

I actually don't know who I would choose, which is why I'm looking for other's opinions...

• 20 Replies
jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

I'm on the same page as you, I'm not to sure to be honest, so I'll just go with the one that has inspired me most recent, Oskar Shindler.

I think he is a pretty cool guy, eh saved Jwe's and wasn't afraid of anything.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Mary Wollstonecraft - She wrote the book A Vindication of the Rights of Women and paved the way for basic human rights for us.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,826 posts
Nomad

Muhammad (SAW) because of most peaceful propagation of a religion.

Mary Wollstonecraft - She wrote the book A Vindication of the Rights of Women and paved the way for basic human rights for us.

What do you by "us"?
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

What do you mean by "us"?

Women.
I am female, thus, women.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Patton from WWII. Even though he was not a nice guy he got what he needed to done. He was a military genius and without him the Axis would have had a better chance of winning the war.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Erwin Rommel, Alexander the Great, Napoleon Bonaparte, Otto von Bismark, and George Washington.

All of them great military tacticians, and George Washington expecially, considering he was crucial in founding the greatest nation on earth.

Hammer135
Hammer135
4 posts
Peasant

Titus Lucretius Carus. was a roman poet, his work, on the nature of things, or De rerum natura, is as the title suggests a discussion on the nature of the universe, what makes it exceptional is that it includes concepts such as atomism, that stars are balls of burning gas, or that all matter is basely immutable and will exist forever.

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

crucial in founding the greatest nation on earth

Some would say otherwise... but that is for another time. Thought I'd come back and say Sun-Tzu was pretty freaking amazing, making one of, if not the most influential military strategy books of all time - The art of war.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Adolf Hitler.

He was a pretty cool guy and was afraid of everything.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

I don't have any inspirations really because there is always the unheard story and so many people who are heroes in the publics eye are often really ******** but if I had to choose one it would be william wallace well the way hes portrayed as a hero who fought for his country and didn't back down against the english even though they were a force to reckon with.

notaguitarhero
notaguitarhero
337 posts
Nomad

Theodore Roosevelt.
Taking badassery to a household near you.
See a river?
RIDE A MOOSE

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

What about Mahatma Ghandi?

It might also depend on your interests. I.E. If you enjoy science, Newton, Medeleev, Galileo, etc could be your choice.

I'm not actually sure what the most inspirational figure to me would be, there are so many to choose from.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

There are quite a few people who I find inspirational... But I would have to say Abraham Lincoln.

deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

Martin Luther King jr. I consider him a very inspirational person. We need people like him.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Daniel Inouye. I had to read an article for my US history class this year. I was like 'Oh great, another story about a guy who was all pumped up for war, got shot, and cried his way to the field hospital.' Not this time. While leading a charge on a fortification, he was shot through the abdomen. His platoon sergent told him to get to a medic. He kept fighting. His arm was blown apart by a rifle grenade. He kept fighting. He was shot in the leg while eliminating the last of the enemy soldiers and collapsed. He has been serving in the US congress representing Hawaii since it became a state.

Showing 1-15 of 20