ForumsThe TavernZombie Apocalypse is it possible?

41 6812
JakeGold23
JakeGold23
4 posts
Nomad

Tell me if you think it is possible

• 41 Replies
SteveeXb
SteveeXb
490 posts
Templar

of course it is.

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

I'm so so so sorry if I offend you but OH MY GOD. another zombie thread?????

To answer you question though yes i do think it's possible, but not the dead corpse coming back to life zombie, more like a weird disease like in zombieland.

Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

I'm pretty sure this is a repeat thread.

anyway, no a zombie apocalypse isn't possible because dead people will never be able to actually walk, eat, or do anything like in the movies. And as far as a "virus" zombie apopcalypse, well if they ain't dead, they ain't zombies. That being said, 28 Days Later is still my favourite zombie movie.....

JakeGold23
JakeGold23
4 posts
Nomad

sorry if it is a reapeat thread

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

The rage type zombies like in 28 days later is possible because its basically super rabies but them zombies are fast so having an apocalypse of them wouldn't be fun but as for dawn of the dead style zombies where they come back to life I could see it happening if someone trys to make a cure for stuff like organ failure where they make something that will repair and organ and reanimate it so it could in theory happen and if they were real it would be epic,

TinyAnt
TinyAnt
70 posts
Nomad

You'd better dang hope that it isn't possible. If it is, it doesn't matter how well equipped or whatever you are, you will die eventually. Farms will eventually be all wilted, animals will die, preventing hunting and farming,and there will be no more food. Seeing all of your loved ones die will likely cause you to suicide, and the smell of decaying flesh will make you pass out, so being out in the open will cause you to die even if they don't reach you. And just the site of a walking corpse will likely cause you to faint right in front of them.

What a lot of people don't realize about things like this is logic. While it may not seem important, you need things like entertainment. Most of the time you will be sitting in tiny spaces with nothing to do. You will also need companionship to help you when you are feeling suicidal. And also, it is really hard to come across an assault rifle in real life. It isn't like zombie games where you can find them anywhere, or like Nazi Zombies where you can buy them just by giving money to a box. You might have a household pistol or a hunting rifle, though. But really, again with logic, the whole "destroy their brain to kill them" isn't possible if they already are dead...

Now, on to a more scientific note, it is not possible to reanimate the dead. If somebody is dead, they are dead for good. You can't start a heart up again after more than a few minutes, let alone years.

Zombies are fun to pretend that they are real, but it is not physically nor scientifically possible.

deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

I would say the possibilty of people acting like rabid dogs is possible. Also I believe there is some sort of sickness where you barely feel any pain.

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

unless scientists accidently release a strange chemical, no.
chanses without chemical 0.000000001

deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

unless scientists accidently release a strange chemical, no.
chanses without chemical 0.000000001

Most likely if such a disease was discovered, Terrorists would steal such a thing and use it against america and other countries.
RDF4
RDF4
87 posts
Nomad

Zombies, really?

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

Zombies are fun to pretend that they are real, but it is not physically nor scientifically possible.

Ok how can you say this I doubt you have much biological knowledge yet enough to say this just because it sounds stupid doesn't mean it isn't possible.

For example there is a fish which can repair its heart when it is mostly destroyed and they are actually experimenting with it to try and come up with a cure for heart based health problems.

Farms will eventually be all wilted, animals will die, preventing hunting and farming,and there will be no more food

All you need to do is run a small farm yourself which isn't hard.

And just the site of a walking corpse will likely cause you to faint right in front of them.

I guess you base this off what you would do? because I think most people including me would just be like wtf and then be like its a zombie and either run or try to attack it.

Seeing all of your loved ones die will likely cause you to suicide,

Who says your loved ones would die? all it takes is common sense to survive and I wouldn't commit suicide if my loved ones died because there would be no point because if your logical then killing yourself would be stupid and even if your going to say because you want to see them in the afterlife suicide is considered a sin so you wouldn't go to heaven to see them.

and the smell of decaying flesh will make you pass out

Again you base this off what you would do but the thing is you would get used it and I don't think alot of people would faint so easily like you think also you would just burn the bodies if it got so bad as everywhere you went smelt like rotten flesh.

"destroy their brain to kill them" isn't possible if they already are dead.

They are undead meaning neither loving or dead so they brain would be working.

Also 'zombies' could happen a matter of ways an interesting one that could cause people to become 'zombies' is Brain controlling fungus that only works on ants now but could maybe evolve so it can control other animals and eventually humans.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Someone posted this article not long ago, probably in the hopes that a topic like this one was never to surface again. Sadly, it appears that that didn't turn out to be the case.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

as ernie said somthin was made like this a while ago.

walking undead-prolly not

goverment screws with some medication-much more likely

NEW DRUG!! makes you jump higher,run faster.best thing ever!.within a week over 5 million people have slight superhuman powers and their minds cannot control it.leading to a ravonous taste for peoplz.much more likely.will it happen when killersup is alive.ehhhh.but maybe in a few decades.prolly.

NarutoAwesomeness28
NarutoAwesomeness28
187 posts
Nomad

Maybe like some weird disease going out might be possible... but not them like popping out of ground or anything.. O.o

Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

You know, I really don't believe this would happen, but I would lkie it to. I would take over the Boise Cabelas and make a fortress there to defend off all the zombies. Maybe I have been playing rebuild too much, but thats what I would do.

Showing 1-15 of 41