ForumsWEPR[necro] For all the Israel haters...

181 45237
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

I dare you to claim that this is not a clear example of U.N. bias against Israel. This sort of stuff has been seen time after time after time in events like the Goldstone Report, the Zionism equals Racism vote, and the Durban Conferences. The U.N. needs to seriously reexamine what it stands for, because it has now become a sound-off board for those who wish to condemn Israel at every opportunity.

Discuss whether or not you think that the U.N. is biased against Israel.

• 181 Replies
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

If there was irrefutable proof, then yes, I'd accept it. However I do not trust Palestinian reports because of their notoriety for being made up. Remember Muhammad al-Durrah? Pallywood in action.

I've never seen a person so ignorant as you
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

I've never seen a person so ignorant as you

The feeling is mutual. However if you do not have any real contribution to the debate/argument, I would request that you save your insults for my profile page, or simply hold your keyboard altogether.

Because Israel's main concern is with the Arab states, and with the UN allowing them to bypass the group, its the same as avoiding the conflict at hand.

Actually, I view it as the U.N. pandering to the Arab nations! If they were forced to sit down with Israel, they might actually accept her as a legitimate state! We wouldn't want that to happen now would we?

This was during a war. Unfortunately, the violence erupting in the Occupied Areas now are mainly perpetuated not by IDF soldiers

By your argument, I can now write off any accusations you throw at me about the Israel-Gaza War. Note the end word...

I didn't. I don't know how you got this conflated picture from.

By using over-the-top hyperbole to satirize me, you paint the picture of me being a Jim Crow like character.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

The feeling is mutual. However if you do not have any real contribution to the debate/argument, I would request that you save your insults for my profile page, or simply hold your keyboard altogether.

I am astonished by level of your ignorance.
A clear cut act of brutality is nothing more than a propaganda campaign for you.

By your argument, I can now write off any accusations you throw at me about the Israel-Gaza War

So you do accept palestine as a nation?
By using over-the-top hyperbole to satirize me, you paint the picture of me being a Jim Crow like character

He ain't but ur posts do
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Actually, I view it as the U.N. pandering to the Arab nations! If they were forced to sit down with Israel, they might actually accept her as a legitimate state! We wouldn't want that to happen now would we?

Or, as you mentioned earlier, it allows Israel to participate fully. Make up your mind, biased against, or biased for.

By your argument, I can now write off any accusations you throw at me about the Israel-Gaza War. Note the end word...

Right right, semantics. So yes, I condemn China too, just to reiterate my stand. Unfortunately, this does not make Israel any less of a guilty party, given that China has at least pumped in billions into Tibet, and not blockaded Tibet, like Israel has done.

By using over-the-top hyperbole to satirize me, you paint the picture of me being a Jim Crow like character.

By making false claims that all Palestinian sites are false based on one source, you open yourself up to attack and such a caricature, that was aimed at your argument style, and to poke holes in your argument. I hardly see it as an attack on you; so grow a thicker skin if everything to you is an ''insult''.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

reiterate my stand.

State my stand.*
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

I am astonished by level of your ignorance.
A  clear cut act of brutality is nothing more than a propaganda campaign for you.

It was later discovered that the entire thing was staged, and the video was edited to make it look like it was Israel's fault. You are the one being ignorant if you cling to already disproven facts.

given that China has at least pumped in billions into Tibet, and not blockaded Tibet, like Israel has done.

Non-comparable due to the fact that Tibetians don't call for China's distruction and do not launch rockets or bomb buses. If Hamas renounced violence and was able to keep control of other militant groups, than I am positive the blockade would be lifted.

Or, as you mentioned earlier, it allows Israel to participate fully. Make up your mind, biased against, or biased for.

Israel is still not a full member of WEOG. It is yet to be seen if they can even run for election of the security council.

That's all for now until I can find a computer.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

If Hamas renounced violence and was able to keep control of other militant groups, than I am positive the blockade would be lifted.

..and that's where I personally think you might be wrong, but so may I, and we won't know until it happens. I just feel like the barricade is not only due to safety because of the conflict, but in the same time (and this may have come afterwards) offers a pretext for Israel to pursue their interests, namely keeping the land for themselves.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

It was later discovered that the entire thing was staged, and the video was edited to make it look like it was Israel's fault. You are the one being ignorant if you cling to already disproven facts.

Source?
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

Source

Wiki it. I'm on my phone so I don't have time to link it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

If China is not a comparable source, why even bring it in?

It is not a full member of WEOG, so? It still ha been partially accepted into yhe group, and allowed the benefits of it as shown on page 1. Which hence shows biasness towards Isrsel.

zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

If China is not a comparable source, why even bring it in?

It is a comparable source by any HR violations, however the actions of China of giving billions of dollars to Tibet is non-comparable because of terrorist attacks.

t is not a full member of WEOG, so? It still ha been partially accepted into yhe group, and allowed the benefits of it as shown on page 1. Which hence shows biasness towards Isrsel.

So if you have a cow, which provides you with calfs, milk, cheese, and then I take it away, and then a neighbor decides to give you a tiny bit of all of this stuff, does that show bias toward you? You need to get it through your head that this is only an attempt for Israel to be able to fully participate.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

No it is not. Israel has displaced hundreds of thousands of Palestinians and killed thousands more; China has done so on a smaller scale, and China has at least attempted to provide and actually done so for the Tibetans. Israel if it considers the Gaza Strip and the West Bank it's own land has not done so. If it hasn't improved both the areas because it doesn't consider it part of Israel then why is it occupying them?

The analogy does not hold because what te UN should do is to force the Arab states into accepting Israel into the group; by placing them into a group they do not belong in, they're just beige biased instead of doing it the fair way.

zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

The analogy does not hold because what te UN should do is to force the Arab states into accepting Israel into the group

The U.N. cannot force the Arab states to allow Israel to join their rightful group because the Arabs have this wonderful thing called an "automatic majority."

Also, reverting back to an earlier point about how if the majority is against something, is it biased and whatnot. My response is this: If it was a majority white group, and they were passing tons of anti-black laws, would it be biased? Or would it be the wonderful democracy that you earlier lauded.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

The UN can force it because the UN is the supreme body.

And my question to you is, does the UN pass laws against Isrsel solely because it's Jewish like a blatantly racist white society would or because of the gross crimes perpetuated by Isrsel? Any sane sensible person will see light with the latter. The UN DOES NOT pass laws solely ecause Israel is Jewish, it does not discriminate like the white supremist society you mentioned. Analogy breaks apart.

zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

The UN can force it because the UN is the supreme body.

You are truly blind if you think that this is the case.

And my question to you is, does the UN pass laws against Isrsel solely because it's Jewish like a blatantly racist white society would or because of the gross crimes perpetuated by Isrsel?

I will say partly yes, because Israel has not committed THAT many gross crimes over its existence! Nowhere near enough to constitute over 40% of all country specific resolutions passed. If the U.N. was truly equal then China would be condemned, Russia would have been condemned, Syria would have been condemned by the Security Council. The list goes on and on and on and on and on. The U.N. is completely obsessed with Israel, and it needs to stop violating its own charter.
Showing 31-45 of 181