ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 385843
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I think that homosexuals are wrong, but sadly there will always be homosexuals, shunning is the most effective way to deal with that.

Homosexuality should be banned from public view.

Well now..

Dare I ask..why do you hold such...views?
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I think that homosexuals are wrong, but sadly there will always be homosexuals, shunning is the most effective way to deal with that.

Homosexuality should be banned from public view.

Why? Homosexuality is not an influence that can change the behavior or sexual orientation of an outside person. You are either born as a homosexual or not. Also, homosexuality does no harm to others, personal nor indirect. It's odd for a person to grasp the appeal of a gender they don't naturally see appeal in, yes, but they shouldn't be judged for having a perspective you cannot understand.
Wishful_
Wishful_
3 posts
Nomad

I don't understand anyone in 2014 still has issues with homosexuality. They are just like straight people, but they date someone of their own gender! And if we were to ban things merely because they would be a choice.. which being LGBT isn't, then we could ban a lot of things, for example religion.

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

Wrong....
Nothing else to say for this...

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Wrong....
Nothing else to say for this...

Yes there is. At the very least you could try and explain to us what you think is wrong about it.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I don't understand anyone in 2014 still has issues with homosexuality. They are just like straight people, but they date someone of their own gender! And if we were to ban things merely because they would be a choice.. which being LGBT isn't, then we could ban a lot of things, for example religion.

Well, many people don't like them, or fear them because of lack of exposure, it's the fear of the unknown, like how we used to fear other races because we have never interacted with them. Coupled with the usual slandering stereotypes, and sadly we get a mess.
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

The whole "born with it" motif is really quite absurd. You cannot determine that someone will be homosexual until they are old enough to start thinking about these things. Genetic predisposition may exist, but it does not decide how that person will think and feel.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

The whole "born with it" motif is really quite absurd. You cannot determine that someone will be homosexual until they are old enough to start thinking about these things. Genetic predisposition may exist, but it does not decide how that person will think and feel.

Actually there is psychological controversy regarding the ability to determine someone's sexuality by the time they're 3 years old; however, the most accurate results have been in extreme cases. Also this may be relevant.
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

Well now..

Dare I ask..why do you hold such...views?

If i told you the reasons i'd probably get banned.
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

Why? Homosexuality is not an influence that can change the behavior or sexual orientation of an outside person. You are either born as a homosexual or not. Also, homosexuality does no harm to others, personal nor indirect. It's odd for a person to grasp the appeal of a gender they don't naturally see appeal in, yes, but they shouldn't be judged for having a perspective you cannot understand.

The whole "oh i was born gay it's not my fault" is just a huge cop-out and outright, plain ridiculous. The parents are the reason they're gay.

Sure, homosexuality doesn't harm others(you can say that) but it influences kids to experiment how it would be like to be gay.

Every child needs to have one mother and one father. It's okay for a man to be moderately effeminate but that doesn't give them the right to do that which is abominable.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

If i told you the reasons i'd probably get banned.

I can assure you you would most likely not be banned. We have had plenty of people say some outrageous things that are still with us on this site today.

The whole "oh i was born gay it's not my fault" is just a huge cop-out and outright, plain ridiculous. The parents are the reason they're gay.

[Citation needed]

Sure, homosexuality doesn't harm others(you can say that) but it influences kids to experiment how it would be like to be gay.

Ok, let's just assume this is correct. Why is that a bad thing?

Every child needs to have one mother and one father.

This would be a fine time to point out that I am a child raised by a single parent.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Homosexuality is definitely not caused by anyone. Homosexuals are homosexual the same way heterosexuals are heterosexual. You don't "experiment" with heterosexualism either, don't you? You just feel an attraction to one or another gender, and this is normal.

As FishPreferred said, there may not be a purely genetic origin. However, to my knowledge, sexual tendencies are settled at the latest during gestation, probably under epigenetic influence; hormones, mostly. In many animals, hormones, the location in the womb or temperatures during gestation can even determine the sex. So while genetics isn't everything, yes, people are actually heterosexual or homosexual when they are born.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I prefer the whole "sexuality is fluid" mindset, as many people will find it does change.

people are actually heterosexual or homosexual when they are born.

Or, you know, a different sexuality.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Or, you know, a different sexuality.

Or an other sexuality, right.

I prefer the whole "sexuality is fluid" mindset, as many people will find it does change.

Change? No, I prefer to see everyone as technically bisexual, and you can be confined to one end of the spectrum, or have a broader scope, or be at the middle, or whatever else.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Change? No, I prefer to see everyone as technically bisexual, and you can be confined to one end of the spectrum, or have a broader scope, or be at the middle, or whatever else.

The issue with "technically bisexual" is the hindrance to both attraction to male or female, which we know sexuality to be more inclusive than just that.
Showing 1066-1080 of 1146