ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 384209
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Estimated 20% (according to the Smithsonian) of the world population is homosexual.

Last I heard it was ~10%. However, I would like to point out this: sexuality is not a binary and it is not one thing or another. It's a sliding scale.

I feel like if this is normal wouldn't it be closer to 40-60%

I don't care whether anyone wants to define something as normal or not. That has no bearing onto the question of whether it should be permitted or if it's even anyone else's business. Is it normal if you like ketchup on doughnuts? Who cares?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

It is believed that you are born straight or not-straight.

Nope, it's a gradient scale. For example let's look at the Kinsey scale for example.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6f/Kinsey_Scale.svg/500px-Kinsey_Scale.svg.png

This scale still doesn't encompass the full spectrum but does offer some idea of it being a spectrum. It should also be noted that most people wouldn't fall into either 0 or 6 but rather 1-5.

Which would means there is a 50-50 chance to be one or the other, so why are the numbers so lop-sided to one preference.

The processes involved to result in someone identifying as preferring the same sex over the opposite only occur in the smaller percentile.

Before it was less than 20% as this is a growing number.

First off for your 20% estimate (link)
The reason for this number growing isn't because more people are gay but that more people are able to openly admit what their sexual preference is. This allows for more accurate measures of the percentage of those who are homosexual.
gebrakhan
gebrakhan
1 posts
Nomad

Homosexuality is not totally wrong neither it is unnatural. We can train our mind but we can't delete the desires and feelings. I have recently took a online test and it found me 30% gay so it means i have 30% gay feelings or signs.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

If humans were different kinds of fruits, a homosexual person would just be like another fruit. Neither is he or she a rotten fruit.

You can't tell a strawberry to stop being a strawberry and start being a watermelon, it's absurd.

End of story!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

End of story!

Aye, well said.

Locking this thread for now, since second to last post necro'ed yet failed to bring up anything new (as far as I can see). As always, post on my profile if you have a good reason why it should stay open.
Showing 1141-1145 of 1146