ForumsThe TavernPeyton Manning: once a colt, now grown into a bronco.

13 1647
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

As most of you know, Peyton Manning has officially made his decision to go to the broncos

me being a broncos fan myself, i was practically jumping up and down in class when i found out.

but what does everyone else think?

• 13 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I think other teams needed him more. I am not a huge Broncos fan but I don't hate them. I think that Manning is going to get hurt again and be out for the season.

They still keeping Tebow?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

As Hoosiers would say: "nuts". Besides the fact that we just lost one of our most valuable players on our Football team, it baffles me just how much of a paycheck he expected. Twenty some million? For playing Football?

Also, I see what you did thar.

jkl3848
jkl3848
242 posts
Peasant

Peyton is leaving the Colts? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
They are my team, and he's the best QB in the NFL! Augh!

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Well it's not just Peyton it's also like Reggie Wayne ( who would get rid of him ) = crazy coach and Joseph addai Pierre garçon lol this is sad what if Reggie goes to the cardinals then they have Fitzgerald and him the jets might wanna pick up addai cus Tomlinson is retiring NNNNOOOOOOOO I'm sad about that so I could have like Aton more but I really don't feel like it so cya

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

As Hoosiers would say: "nuts". Besides the fact that we just lost one of our most valuable players on our Football team, it baffles me just how much of a paycheck he expected. Twenty some million? For playing Football?

Also, I see what you did thar.

dude. payton wanted SO BAD to play for the cardinals but indiana refused to resign him. so naturally he went to live with his best friend Todd Helton (First baseman for the Rockies). they played in highschool and college together i believe.

They still keeping Tebow?

most likely not. he will probably be traded to miami or jacksonville for some draft picks, and from that we can get a QB first or second round. (or RG3 :0???)
Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

Peyton is leaving the Colts?

Did you just find this out? If so then I ask you a second question. Would you call yourself a sports fan? If so then I ask one last question. Do you live under a rock? -_-
Kevbo
Kevbo
14 posts
Nomad

One shouldn't complain so much about the money being earned by professional athletes. Unless they play baseball; one of the laziest sports ever invented, where on average their stars make more money than almost any other sport's stars. At least in football, they are risking extreme injury, play a more physically demanding game and have much of their contracts based on incentives.

As far as Manning goes, I'm just glad it's over with. As a Dolphins fan, I was somewhat disappointed with his decision, but then again he is only a temporary solution to an ongoing problem. I highly doubt we'll see Manning in another Superbowl and, frankly, anything short of that will be considered a failure. Will that be Manning's fault? That remains to be seen. He's on a playoff-caliber football team, as the Broncos proved last year. Now it's up to him to rehab and get into game shape and up to the rest of the Broncos organization to formulate a plan of attack for the upcoming season. Obviously, Tebow's option offense will no longer cut it.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Twenty some million? For playing Football?

That ain't got nothing on what the association football clubs of Europe shell out....Torres, 50 million pounds?
jkl3848
jkl3848
242 posts
Peasant

Any sport person get's pain tons of money. They probably don't mind trading because they get paid more.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

it baffles me just how much of a paycheck he expected. Twenty some million? For playing Football?

A five year, 96 million contract. According to ESPN's facebook update.

Two problems I see: First, the current offense was designed around Tebow's run. So they're going to have to change it again in order to suit Manning's pass-heavy style. First draft pick will likely be RG3, if he's avaliable. Some WRs the next few rounds, may be a QB to train under Manning. Likely facillitated by trading Tebow to Miami.

Next, Manning is a top of the line QB. Denver is a play-off capable team, as was demonstrated this year, and anything less than a superbowl appearance will be considered a defeat.

And of course, it remains to be seen if the exodus of 'Tebowmania' fans will be supplemented by the incoming of all the Manning fans. Still, it sucks to be Indy.
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Ha clever title. Anyways looks like Tebow will be getting the boot, Elway just isn't a fan of Tebow. Indy will pick up that Stanford quarterback most likely in the early draft but we will have to see how well that works out. Still not too sure how well Manning will play with the Broncos but I guess we'll find out.

Kevbo
Kevbo
14 posts
Nomad

RG3 is already a Washington Redskin. If you think Indy is going to give up on a more pure QB prospect in Luck for RG3, you're crazy. But if they do, then they're just as crazy.

Denver should make an extreme push for Pittsburgh RFA Mike Wallace. Wallace and Thomas at the WRs would be excellent, Decker would be fine in the slot. Maybe an upgrade at TE and there you go, enough weapons for Manning to work with.

Tebow was just traded to the Jets for a 4th and 6th round pick. Why the Jets? He's now doomed to being a wildcat-type player who won't get a chance to start unless Sanchez falters worse than he has the past couple of seasons.

John Elway is the executive of the year at this point.

awesomeplayer312
awesomeplayer312
187 posts
Nomad

Well i kinda think that the Broncos needed Peyton because they weren't doing that great to start off.But it stinks for the people who admire Tebow,but now a lot of people may get Jet jerseys.

Showing 1-13 of 13