ForumsPopular MediaThe Hunger Games Movie vs. The Hunger Games Book

20 8905
mattduggan13
mattduggan13
1,795 posts
Nomad

So, I thought the book was better, but the movie was still pretty good. What are your thoughts on the movie and the book?

• 20 Replies
elfassasin
elfassasin
87 posts
Peasant

The movie was just so on-line with the book, its impossible to choose. The cast was amazing, and I thought is was cool that they kept like, showing the game makers each at their little desk making all the challenges and everything.
The book was fantastic as well though.
Tie for me.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

saw it last night.loved the movie.it kicked ***.books rocked as well.hmmm.gonna have to take the book.but the movie was also awesome.both rock

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

i can't tell u that i have only read the books. I REALLY WANNA SEE THE MOVIE THOUGH!!! XD

psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

the books were great not perfect maybe like 9.3/10 i haven't seen the movie but the book was really good

awesomeplayer312
awesomeplayer312
187 posts
Nomad

The movie was AWESOME,but the books u thought was better.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Eh no real competition. The books win. Effie didn't have ridiculous hair, the Capitol people didn't look strange, just ugly, an Katniss and the rest of 12 seemed VERY well off paunch-wise. And why did 12 people have such nice, unstained clothes?

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Well, actually, I've never seen the movie, but I bet it's just as good as the book, but shorter. Books has more scenes than movies, though.

AvengedSevenfold11
AvengedSevenfold11
529 posts
Nomad

The movie was good, though i think the arena went by to fast. One minute, the games just start, than the next, theres 5 people left.

Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

Haven't read and haven't seen. :/

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

I havent read it, but the movie seemed great, despite the spotty camera and a couple holes in the story. But I watched with a friend who read the book, and he said that they made the announcement for 2 winners at the end, when the movie threw it in the middle. The movie made the right decision that way, adding more suspense.

I miss black man district 11.

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

The books were fantastic! The movies were really good, but it felt like it was rushed for some parts and I wish they would have let the relation ship between Rue and Katniss and Gale and Katniss (If that makes sense).

FALLEN950
FALLEN950
161 posts
Nomad

I miss black man district 11.

That black man is Thresh, who is my favorite character in the book/movie because he let Katniss live.

I thought the book was much better, you get so much more emphasis and detail than in the movie.

[/quote]The movie was just so on-line with the book, its impossible to choose.[quote]

The movie didn't once mention the mayor, or his daughter Match, and a lot of it was very choppy and out of place I thought.
xShiftedHD
xShiftedHD
61 posts
Nomad

The movie left some stuff from the book, but it was still good, except for the boring beginning. The book is, in my opinion, better than the movie. I remember from the movie when a guy snapped a kid's neck, and most of the people in the movie theater were laughing.... I don't get it...

rubiegrae
rubiegrae
2 posts
Nomad

I don't think there's ever been a time for me that I preferred a movie to the book. The movie did incredibly well for opening weekend though, so it can't be that bad. [url=http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/2012/03/hunger-games-destroys-all-competition-weekend-box-office-earnings-raking-massive-155]

rubiegrae
rubiegrae
2 posts
Nomad

(Oops, messed up the code...silly me.)

[url]http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/2012/03/hunger-games-destroys-all-competition-weekend-box-office-earnings-raking-massive-155[/url]

Showing 1-15 of 20