ForumsPopular MediaThe Hunger Games Movie vs. The Hunger Games Book

20 8906
mattduggan13
mattduggan13
1,795 posts
Nomad

So, I thought the book was better, but the movie was still pretty good. What are your thoughts on the movie and the book?

• 20 Replies
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

The movie left some stuff from the book, but it was still good, except for the boring beginning. The book is, in my opinion, better than the movie. I remember from the movie when a guy snapped a kid's neck, and most of the people in the movie theater were laughing.... I don't get it...

you was prolly at killersup's theater.they were laughing cuz killersup's friend was spaziing out in the back and people were laughing at him.he was acting like a funny retard.BEST DAY EVER
ablr
ablr
133 posts
Nomad

I have all three books for the Kindle, but I haven't read any of them. I should probably read them, or at least the first one, before I see the movie, but I probably won't :P

FALLEN950
FALLEN950
161 posts
Nomad

I have all three books for the Kindle, but I haven't read any of them. I should probably read them, or at least the first one, before I see the movie, but I probably won't :P

You always read the books before the movie, I was very disappointed in the movie even though it was still pretty good. The book just had such a strong influence on what I thought the movie was going to be like.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Going to post and see if it fixes it...if not then oh well. If this becomes a double post (because I tried to post this a while ago right as the whole site messed up) then so be it.

Alright, I just saw the Hunger Games movie, and I'll first start off with all the things they royally messed up.

1) She got the pin from the Mayor's daughter of District 12, not the old lady at the Hob.

2) Haymitch. His entire character was a grouchy, frail, drunkard. Not some blonde 25 year old ****** who pulls out drinks to look cool.

3) Katniss's height. She was supposed to be short. Instead she's taller than Peeta.

4) Peeta auditioned or w/e in front of the Game Makers first, not after Katniss.

5) The cornucopia was a golden horn. Not some blocky dull metal blob that somewhat resembles a cornucopia.

6) They started equi-distant in a circle around the cornucopia, not in a line in front of it 4 feet from the next person.

7) Katniss was dying from dehydration after a couple of days without water before the fire wall happened.

8) Katniss's left ear was made deaf by the explosion from the mines at the career's camp, but instead they make no mention of this.

9) Rue was stabbed as Katniss shot the boy's throat out who stabbed her. The spear was not thrown at Rue.

10) They completely skipped the bread from District 11.

11) There were no notes in the parachutes.

12) Peeta was supposed to be put to sleep by a sponsor's gift so Katniss could go to the feast to get the medicine.

13) The backpacks at the feat were supposed to be different sizes.

14) Katniss was supposed to be laid out for a day or two from a major forehead cut from Clove, instead she got a minor cut above her eye.

15) Cato was supposed to kill Thresh, not the Mutts.

16) The Mutts appear chasing Cato, not in some middle of the night scare tactic.

17) The Mutts were supposed to be wolves with the eyes of the fallen tributes, not rabid bulldogs.

18) Peeta was supposed to be bleeding to death.

19) Peeta was supposed to lose a leg.

Now, those were only what I would consider "significant" or "important" flaws. In total I counted 62 plot errors throughout the entire movie.

On to the actual movie, it was entertaining. Longer than most at over 2 hours it covered most of the events in the story. It definitely caught all the major ones and depicted the fights inside the arena well. The actors all played their roles well (except Haymitch, who might as well have been a completely different character) and the acting was good. I liked how they showed the behind the scenes things like President Snow's comments and the Game Maker's actions, and how the Capitol people's thoughts and emotions towards the game was.

What I didn't like was the epic mistakes in the plot made and how they made the arena have a clearly visible ceiling. They also forgot some cannons for a few deaths, and the hallucinations from the Tracker Jaggers was really just a bunch of blurry scenes and a misplaced flashback. The fighting was also annoying to watch in that they went Transformer's style (made the screen shake a ton) so you could barely even watch what was happening.

Overall I would give it a 8/10 for the movie itself, but a 4/10 for the fact that it was supposed to be a movie about a book and they completely screwed up a lot of the plot.

spyroman1010
spyroman1010
16 posts
Nomad

The movie was great it kept touch with the book so much i couldn't choose but whats better than reading it LIVING IT.So,The Movie

Showing 16-20 of 20