ForumsSupport ForumWhy does they ask:Are you human ?

33 4099
MetalHeart
MetalHeart
226 posts
Nomad

Every forum comment or reply comment says that question
Ok,that is new to me after 1 year on this site

• 33 Replies
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

This is ****ing bull****. I'd rather deal with the adbots than type in the crap to post.

Four years, ArmorGames, four years, and THIS is how you treat me?

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I don't really know how effective a CAPTCHA system for posts, will be.

The red definitely doesn't match the site's colour scheme though.

BTW MetalHeart, it's to try and stop bots from spamming the site.

Jazmoon
Jazmoon
561 posts
Peasant

it only takes a extra couple of seconds and it might stop all the spam which is supper annoying i think its worth it. robots are probably sending what are spamming and robots can't do the CAPTCHA so that's why they ask if your human.

wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

everyone is going nuts about the ammount of spam. jake probably got enough of the reports for five thousand diffrent people. the are you a human thing is to stop adbots the diffenition is this [quote=Dictionary.com] a form of spyware that collects information about the computer user's online behavior in order to display targeted advertisements in the Web browser; also called spybot[/quote] adbots post as many threads or comments filled with adds as fast as posible. the user does not have to be monitoring there action, as it is a roboti feature. the 30 sec post rule was to stop adbots and AP farming. the CAPTCHA thing is to stop adbots from posting. adbots are programs so they must be programed. a random CAPTCHA will stop it because it is random so it ant get through. someone IS going to figure out a way to bypass this. i have seen it happen on another forum site and the whole thing disapeard. some sites are maintained by bots, and some players on games are bots to. on runescape, many players just use a bot for 30 hours constant and get full mining xp. then they move on.
how i know: i am really good with tech stuff

WaKySwAg-Member, DHARMA Initative.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

HEY GUYS! IT DIDN'T WORK!

Can you people remove it now? Greatly appreciated.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I find Capcha very annoying and seeing as two new spam posts just popped up in the WEPR it appears to be ineffective.

Evilfishy111
Evilfishy111
1,386 posts
Shepherd

I dont know why the moderators just ban the users accounts that are doing this, if they do, then the users that are doing it cant do it any more. This CAPTCHA thing is wasting more of our time, these adbots are wasting our time. I was looking through the forum games for my forum game, and, I had to go through 12 pages of Live crap whatever to find it! Admins should do something about this.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I dont know why the moderators just ban the users accounts that are doing this, if they do, then the users that are doing it cant do it any more.

They do ban them, but fifteen more pop up five minutes later.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

I dont know why the moderators just ban the users accounts that are doing this, if they do, then the users that are doing it cant do it any more.

They do, but there are too many adbots.

Admins should do something about this.

Exactly, but there is also a theory that the adbots are this year's April Fools joke.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Exactly, but there is also a theory that the adbots are this year's April Fools joke.

Very stale, unfunny, and annoying joke if true.
Evilfishy111
Evilfishy111
1,386 posts
Shepherd

They do ban them, but fifteen more pop up five minutes later.

Holy crap! But really, I think maybe the mods can track down the source or something and remove it or what?
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I don't think they should have CAPTCHA every time you post. They put it for registering which should stop the surplus of adbots.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

That's very possible, especially considering how ineffective they appear to be.
Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

I don't think they should have CAPTCHA every time you post. They put it for registering which should stop the surplus of adbots.

That would actually be a good idea. What if you had to do the captcha every time you signed in? Just a thought.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

It seems to me that the only solution is to get rid of the forums, so that the adbots can't post. Problem solved. ^^

Showing 1-15 of 33