ForumsSupport ForumWhy does they ask:Are you human ?

33 4097
MetalHeart
MetalHeart
226 posts
Nomad

Every forum comment or reply comment says that question
Ok,that is new to me after 1 year on this site

• 33 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

It seems to me that the only solution is to get rid of the forums, so that the adbots can't post. Problem solved. ^^

Or prevent links from being posted.
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Quite a lot of adbots these days are capable of, at least some of the time, getting past the CAPTCHA system anyway and I find it quite time consuming to have to keep writing these stupid random words.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

Exactly, but there is also a theory that the adbots are this year's April Fools joke.

Aha, but this whole AG V 3.0 would be a better one.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

to be honest, I hate these adbots so much that I am willing to put up with putting down 2 new words. I mean, the people here post multiple words, what is the harm of adding 2 more than before?

-Blade

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

The thing that is bugging me is that it doesn't seem to be working. That makes me think that it is an April Fools joke or that the adbots are now real people. The former seems more likely though.

Plus I keep forgetting to type in the CAPTCHA. That is annoying.

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Also, I'm visually impaired and seriously struggling with some of these captchas, it's kind of a pain.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

Ok I can understand the need for it but seriously everytime is a bit too much IMO just make it so people that have had their account for longer then say 6 months don't get this and that will stop most spammers because they will have made new accounts.

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

Wow. I just had this big huge post typed out about this CAPTCHA stuff. I typed the words so that I could submit my huge post. Then it said the CAPTCHA was incorrect, and my whole post disappeared. That settles it. The CAPTCHA is awful. It doesn't even block all the bots either... So... Nice try, AG staff. But your gonna have to try a new tactic. Maybe a tactic that actually works! But the CAPTCHA was worth a try and it's been tried and it's failed. Get rid of it. Nuff said.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Holy crap! But really, I think maybe the mods can track down the source or something and remove it or what?

Their job is to make sure we don't break rules and everything is well on this site. Their not detectives.
Yeah this is really annoying.
Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

to be honest, I hate these adbots so much that I am willing to put up with putting down 2 new words. I mean, the people here post multiple words, what is the harm of adding 2 more than before?

Yeah, I like the 2 word thing. Still, I have realized that it is good to copy your text comment before you press submit. I made a nice long post, and entered the words incorrectly, and lost it all. Just a hint.
Evilfishy111
Evilfishy111
1,386 posts
Shepherd

Whats the adbots problem? We dont give a sh*t about hockey or rugby crap! Why do they have to spam on armor games for? All I was doing was having fun, until...20 fu**ing pages of live crap appears! Maybe, maybe the admins could make a seperate domain for forums, and then they wont post there or something... or maybe a limited amount of words to be posted, like maybe limit 100 words or something?

ablr
ablr
133 posts
Nomad

This is ridiculous.

dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

I know it is to stop spam and advertisements, but putting a "are you a human" isnt the best choice. I guessing it is the same user doing this over and over, making countless accounts to do such stuff, and getting banned real quick.

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Also, I'm visually impaired and seriously struggling with some of these captchas, it's kind of a pain.

@Avorne

Rofl, this is why I love 'ya! I can tell that if I'm going to be active on the forums tomorrow I'll have to stop being lazy and wear my bifocal contacts!

I seriously hope that this bot ---- will be flushed soon!
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Alright, that tears it, there are at least 15 pages of fresh spam now - I think it's safe to say that the captcha system is NOT working.

I'm not sure what I did to warrant your love but thank ya dearie.

Showing 16-30 of 33