ForumsThe TavernAre you a human?

29 2960
Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

Yeah this is annoying every time I want to comment a thing tells me 'Are you a human?' and I need to type what it says.

• 29 Replies
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

To be random and keep us on our toes! You can't do the same thing over and over, or people will get bored of it!

People are to annoyed by the ongoing to make it a joke, and it is to localized. Why would they have a joke for only the forum members?

The equivalent of this in real life would be shooting everyone who comes into your store with a BB gun, even the workers. Not the best business strategy.

I did not come up with the theory that this is the April Fools joke. I simply believe this theory as a possibility.

Saying that it is possible makes it yours.

Your attempt to disprove the theory is poor. The bots only got rampant a few days ago, and I think that is where the joke started, not several months ago. Also, normal users do not know of the joke ahead of time, so a push for CAPTCHA does not disprove the theory. Just because an April Fools joke is of low quality does not mean that the action perceived to be the joke is not a joke.

A few days ago? They started forever ago. On the WPR forum, all of them have been deleted, and it started forever ago. At the minimum a week. I would find a link, but after a day or so the mods all delete them. Ask anyone on the forum games if you want.

Low quality? Try completely insane. It is simply a conspiracy theory, you might as well been wearing a tinfoil hat and talking about aliens beaming the government into your mind.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

Remember the "Lets vote a mod off the island" thing? That took over a month... and I wanted to call them out on it so I could get a merit like matrix did last year :'(

Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

Yeah man this **** thing is annoying.

But you have to admit, its for the better. Just a hint, make sure you copy your post before you click submit. I typed a nice long comment, and then lost it all when I incorrectly typed the 2 words.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Remember the "Lets vote a mod off the island" thing? That took over a month... and I wanted to call them out on it so I could get a merit like matrix did last year :'(

No, actually, I don't remember it.

But you have to admit, its for the better. Just a hint, make sure you copy your post before you click submit. I typed a nice long comment, and then lost it all when I incorrectly typed the 2 words.

For the better? It isn't working, in case you have not noticed. The advice is something I started doing before it even started and should really be standard practice on these forums constantly.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

The advice is something I started doing before it even started and should really be standard practice on these forums constantly.

What advice are you talking about?
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

You don't remember it? ...really? It was like 2 months of "Pick which mod you want gone from the team" and hating Cormyn and the other admins at the time for allowing it. There were all sorts of people who were agitated, hurt, and angry... this hasn't reached anywhere near that level. This is far more watered down than all of the emotions that flared over that one.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

What advice are you talking about?

Copying your post before you post it. It seems on this forum that there is a good chance that your post wont make it threw, which gets annoying when you take half an hour on a post.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

You don't remember it? ...really? It was like 2 months of "Pick which mod you want gone from the team" and hating Cormyn and the other admins at the time for allowing it. There were all sorts of people who were agitated, hurt, and angry... this hasn't reached anywhere near that level. This is far more watered down than all of the emotions that flared over that one.

Must have been in the tavern? I come to this forum rarely, when I have nothing better to do. I am not even sure why I am here now.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

No, actually, I don't remember it.

This.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

No, I am dancer.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

It encompassed the entirety of Armorgames... every forum was affected in some fashion... and it was mass anarchy. I even had an anarchy thread (that one of our lovable mods deleted >____&gt

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

The Forum Games just got clogged with ads again. Recaptcha didn't really seem to do anything. At least they didn't do it to the comments. Yet.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Wait, did everyone who followed the rules actually get a merit, or was he joking?

That was a joke.

Fifth time trying to post this, keep failing capcha.
Showing 16-28 of 29