11,891 posts
King

See title.

• 66 Replies
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Its likely the AG Server being updated to combat the AdBots.

That makes alot of sense, much better than my idea that it's the server updating every deleted thread and post that's slowing us down.
wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

I always copy my post and refresh the page normally to make sure I'm not being ninja'd so I don't know the feeling.
yea well, ever since reCAPTCHA came round i have been storing all my posts in a Word 2012 document. every post, before posting is copied in there. it is encrypted as well.
Its likely the AG Server being updated to combat the AdBots.
yea, most likely. or this could all be a massive April Fools joke, so talk about that option here to stop spamming, there is enough as is
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

If its an April Fools joke, than the Administration has got a sick sense of humor. Seeing as, in years past, the Moderators have been in on the joke as well, and given how said Moderators aren't very happy about the spam...

May be I'm just a stick in the mud, but I don't think its all that funny, if its even a joke.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

If its an April Fools joke, than the Administration has got a sick sense of humor. Seeing as, in years past, the Moderators have been in on the joke as well, and given how said Moderators aren't very happy about the spam...
May be I'm just a stick in the mud, but I don't think its all that funny, if its even a joke.

If it is a joke I'm leaving and going to Kong because this is absolutely stupid.

And has anyone else noticed that the only area that seems nearly unnafected is the WREP forums?
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

And has anyone else noticed that the only area that seems nearly unnafected is the WREP forums?

What is the significance of WEPR being unaffected by the spam?
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

What is the significance of WEPR being unaffected by the spam?

It was just a question.
I thought it might be that people post more consistently in WEPR than the other threads and that that is hiding all the pop ups of the spam.
wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

i agree. if this is a joke i might just walk out of ArmorGames city, sorry for the WoM thing there.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Whoa. Thaboss missed all this... Stupid adbots. Is the CAPTCHA even working? Thaboss still sees spam.

wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

no, the CAPTCHA is NOT, i repeat NOT working. if anything there is more spam comming in at once.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

It was just a question.
I thought it might be that people post more consistently in WEPR than the other threads and that that is hiding all the pop ups of the spam.

WEPR was really really spammed yesterday, to find a legit thread you had to go at least 4 pages back, I guess the mods just cleaned it all up already, the Tavern isn't affected that much, and really never was.

Off topic: I hate how black smudges are considered legible letters by captcha.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

And the AMW, and the Tavern, and the Programming Help...

Now, if I was the Administration, I'd just prevent new accounts from being created. Suck if you don't already have an account, but atleast it'd solve the problem until a more permanent solution could be reached.

Which also leads me to question why a few more moderators haven't been inducted. Even without the spam, I would have thought that someone would have replaced Cenere by now...
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Which also leads me to question why a few more moderators haven't been inducted. Even without the spam, I would have thought that someone would have replaced Cenere by now...

Because no one's good enough, or old enough. Sure we need more mods, but we don't want bad mods. That would just make the situation worse. And it's always possible that they have, and the people asked turned them down. It's not like EVERYONE wants to be a mod... Like Cenere, they have lives too. It's also possible that they made some people mods, but without the blue text and stuff, and trusted them to keep quiet. (If they were trustworthy enough to be granted modship, they're trustworthy enough to keep their mouths shut.)

Now, if I was the Administration, I'd just prevent new accounts from being created. Suck if you don't already have an account, but atleast it'd solve the problem until a more permanent solution could be reached.

Makes sense... You could email Justin about it...
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

That seems better temporary idea than my idea of shutting down the site to clean it out.

I was meaning to say the Courtyard. Sorry for being to specific.

Off topic: I hate how black smudges are considered legible letters by captcha.

I feel you there
Adamx123
Adamx123
6 posts
Nomad

I have a good suggestion, I don't know if this has already been included in AG3 because I cannot get on it. How about a random game feature that gives you a random game based on other games you've rated highly and/or added to your favorite. I don't know if this would be too much but how about you can also a category witch you want the random game to be from. Thanks i hope you add this feature!

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

You could email Justin about it...

Writing it now.

How about a random game feature that gives you a random game based on other games you've rated highly and/or added to your favorite.

Administration is way ahead of you there buddy.
Showing 16-30 of 66