ForumsThe TavernIf you had won the lottery...

14 2211
JohnisFresh
JohnisFresh
58 posts
Nomad

What would you plan to do with the money? and how would it benefit people?

• 14 Replies
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

If I won the lottery, I wouldn't use the money a whole lot. There are a lot of stories about how lottery winners in the past have messed up their lives by spending their money on dumb things. I would make sure that I used it to go to college, though and would probably be a little more relaxed with how I perform in school as I would have the money as a back up to fall on if I needed it (assuming you mean the half a billion dollar prize from a while back).

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

That giant, 640 million dollar lottery in the US was something else. Something else as in a new record in the national pot. If I would have won that, I wouldn't grab it all at once, I would instead have it broken into monthly checks for thirty years. Joe96's reason is why I wouldn't grab it all at once, except people have done worse and go bankrupt from excessive frivolities.

sand13
sand13
21 posts
Peasant

hmm...I would buy an ipad, iphone,new laptop.as much as ps3 games i wanted..

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

I would get tactical armor, fragger helmet, shotgun, rifle, and a kawasaki mule. (I am ready for the zombie apocolypse!()

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Aah, this one. Yes, I would save the money, like Freakenstein and Joe96, using it for studies (And some indulgence, hehe! Not much though). It could last from generation to generation (If my [might be] kids use it correctly).

Mvp1234
Mvp1234
54 posts
Nomad

I would distribute the money into each of my families.

theschles
theschles
20 posts
Nomad

Two good articles on the mega millions lottery:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/baldwin/2012/03/29/500-million-jackpot-calculating-your-odds/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/deborahljacobs/2012/02/11/10-things-to-do-when-you-win-the-powerball/

And my own personal take on what I'd do if I won big:
http://ifiwinbig.blogspot.com/

Jazmoon
Jazmoon
561 posts
Peasant

I would distribute the money into each of my families.

you have more than one family?... If i won a ridiculous amount of money i would give it to charity. I know that sounds a little corny, but you don't need that much money. Of course i would keep a couple of million for my self and family :P and maybe buy my dream car., a wise man MF3 roadster. You probably don't know what that is, but just Google it its gorgeous.
jsalmeron
jsalmeron
125 posts
Nomad

If i had that much money i would help my family pay off there house debt, and get some to go to college when i'm older.And the rest i would save it for future problems.

RIFFRAFF1234
RIFFRAFF1234
6 posts
Nomad

I would buy drugs, lots of drugs cocaine to be exact

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

I don't think I would really do this, but me and my mom were in Bid n Lots yesterday, and we were laughing about buying the whole store if we won. Mostly just the furniture. They had a really comfortable couch

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

put 3/4 of it into a bank and make sure it always has at least 3/4 of the original, donate 1/8 of it, and spend the rest at:

Buy a mansion
travel
Become famous
get a studio
lab for inventing stuff

budokai1694
budokai1694
255 posts
Peasant

if i had that much money i would buy a lamborghini and buy a lot of real estate because prices are really low and you will get ur money back on your investment... plus you can rent the properties out in the meantime if you somehow managed to spend all he rest of the money..

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

My grandma is in chemotherapy right now, and there is the guy at the clinic who will buy you a coffee or drink from across the street for free. He is the nicest guy in the world.

If I had that money, I would give 100k to that guy. 100k. 50k for the guy who sold me the ticket, and the rest... We go get shoes...

Betch.

Showing 1-14 of 14