ForumsThe TavernCollege Acceptances and Decisions

28 5066
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

So, April 1st has passed. Most of us (seniors) have been informed of where we have been admitted to college and I'm sure a lot have already made a decision as to where they're going. So post them here! I'm curious, and here's a chance for you to brag about your achievements.

Also, if there are any college seniors who want to post any job/grad school news, go for it!

• 28 Replies
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

almost done with this year and i have absolutely no idea what to do :/

Is there anyway that you could go abroad for college after you're done volunteering? Out of curiosity, how does post-secondary school work in Israel?

Maverick, have you ever thought about attending a military academy? Not only would that be awesome but they're all amazing schools.

I would like to go to Stanford university

There you go :]

Remember, one sport alone wont get you into Stanford. As one of the best schools in the world they expect phenomenal academics and amazing extracurricular activities. But, if you keep your mind set on Stanford it's definitely possible.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

I have my interview for medical school in two days >!!!!! (I'm nervous as all get out ;____

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Maverick, have you ever thought about attending a military academy? Not only would that be awesome but they're all amazing schools.

I can't believe I forgot to mention I want to go to West Point. -.-

Yeah, I've looked into them. Want to go into the Army, so West Point is what I'm looking at.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

Is there anyway that you could go abroad for college after you're done volunteering? Out of curiosity, how does post-secondary school work in Israel?

i have no idea. i will probably need tons of money i dont have and i doubt anyone here would support me (im talking more then just money. im a person who needs moral support in everything XP).

in israel its like this:

elementary: 1st-6th grade

middle school: 7th-9th grade

high school: 10th-12th grade.

then you go to the army for 2 years (if girl) or 3 years (if boy) and then university/work.

i do think the usa system fits me much better and im pretty jealous of all those people who are younger then me and already are living my dream :/
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

i do think the usa system fits me much better

Well, it really isn't too different during grade school. We just start middle school and high school one year earlier.

The military service part is, of course, different though haha. I'm surprised there isn't some kind of state sponsored colleges for individuals after their military service is up.

I have my interview for medical school in two days >!!!!! (I'm nervous as all get out ;____

That's exciting! Where at?

Me either ;P that is cool though. I used to want to go to the Air Force Academy until I realized I was more of a civilian at heart :P
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I know a few people that go to the country club on the Hudson.
I used to want to go to the Air Force Academy

That is where my dad went, key my poking fun at the Army and Navy. I never wanted to be in the military. You have to move around to much and I don't think I could kill people.
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Might as well go off here. I'm a junior right now looking a colleges. Most aren't famous that are at the top of my list but they are Lynchburg University (Virginia), Elizabethtown college (PA), and Duquense University (also PA). Since I'm looking at history for a major, these look pretty good, plus, Duquense and Elizabethtown are in state and close to me (especially Elizabethtown).

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I never wanted to be in the military. You have to move around to much and I don't think I could kill people.

I don't think I would have a problem with killing others if I understood why it was necessary, but I wouldn't be able to follow orders to do so if they made no sense to me. I wouldn't do too well in the military :P

Most aren't famous that are at the top of my list but they are Lynchburg University (Virginia), Elizabethtown college (PA), and Duquense University (also PA)

I've heard of them, all great schools! Have you considered Swarthmore, it's hard to get in (I was rejected) but it's a top notch schools and it's in Pennsylvania.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

I never wanted to be in the military. You have to move around to much and I don't think I could kill people.

I don't think I would have a problem with killing others if I understood why it was necessary, but I wouldn't be able to follow orders to do so if they made no sense to me. I wouldn't do too well in the military :P

you know there are more jobs in the military that dont ivolve killing people right?
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

you know there are more jobs in the military that dont ivolve killing people right?

I know but there is always a chance that they will send you off somewhere. Plus from my experience you have to move a lot and I am not a big fan of change.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

well im not sure how this works over there.

in here there is the period where you physically train and the level of difficulty depends on what you will be after that period. then its nothing more then your job.

budokai1694
budokai1694
255 posts
Peasant

im between bentley university and northeastern university.. cant make up my mind and only have until may 1st...

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

im between bentley university and northeastern university.. cant make up my mind and only have until may 1st...

Very nice schools, so very nice job getting in :]

I'm in the same boat, stuck between two schools, what do you like about each of them?
Showing 16-28 of 28