ForumsThe TavernI'm ill

23 4078
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I've been sick for three-four days now with a runny and stuffy nose, major headaches in the morning, and a sore throat. I'm also sweating but it's average temperature in my house, I believe it's called a cold sweat? I've been taking ibuprofen and tylenol every few hours and gargling salt water, but they only help for a short amount of time.

Are there any other home remedies that can help me? Please post them below.

• 23 Replies
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,826 posts
Nomad

I've been sick for three-four days now with a runny and stuffy nose, major headaches in the morning, and a sore throat. I'm also sweating but it's average temperature in my house, I believe it's called a cold sweat? I've been taking ibuprofen and tylenol every few hours and gargling salt water, but they only help for a short amount of time.

Are there any other home remedies that can help me? Please post them below.

Do u have cough too?
Looks like mucus is not coming out that is why you are having a head ache
Inhale some steam
and try to get the mucus out of ur system
And try Bronchicum® Elixir it kills mucus and treats sore throat
Soonsaymine
Soonsaymine
51 posts
Nomad

One thing my family does is we stir up some white soda (No racism intended) Like 7-up, sierra mist, sprite stuff like that. Make sure most of the bubbles are gone and then take some in little bits every once and awhile. Hope you get better!
-Soon

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,826 posts
Nomad

One thing my family does is we stir up some white soda (No racism intended) Like 7-up, sierra mist, sprite stuff like that. Make sure most of the bubbles are gone and then take some in little bits every once and awhile. Hope you get better!
-Soon

this will mess his throat up.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Do u have cough too?

I feel the need to cough, but I don't because it worsens the pain in my throat.
Inhale some steam

Should I take a hot shower? Or leave the hot water running and sit near it?
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,826 posts
Nomad

I feel the need to cough, but I don't because it worsens the pain in my throat.

take bronchicum for that

put a cauldron on stove and boil water in it and inhale steam from there. pharmacies have a certain kind of cream that can be put in boiling water and inhaled.
As for your throat pain, eat some honey with black pepper
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,826 posts
Nomad

It will take three to four days to heal completely.
Another thing if you can't sleep because of cough.
Take some poppy skin tea

Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

if you're that sick, go see a doctor. I wouldn't put too much faith in the medical advice obtained on a flash gaming website!

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

You should try tea. With honey. And when you blow your nose make sure to blow it with as much power as you have. You'll get more out that way and it won't feel like an endless supply for a while.

Reading over what I said. Ew.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

Taking Tylenol and ibuprofen won't work, and moreover, taking that much can send you into liver failure.

The sweating is likely from fever. Your body recognizes it as hot, and needs to cool down. There isn't much you can do about that.

You probably have the flu. Get some nyquil or other cough medicine, drink sprite or 7-up, and eat lots of chicken noodle soup. You'll eventually get better, or you'll die. Only two ways that will go.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

drink sprite or 7-up

Does it really work? Because when I was sick and I drank a coke it made my throat feel terrible for days. I agree with the other stuff though.
CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

First of all:

taking ibuprofen and tylenol

NEVER MIX THESE TWO, EVER!!! You'll kill your liver with that mix. And they only issue one of those. Take one or the other, but never both and especially never take them close to each other.

runny and stuffy nose, major headaches in the morning, and a sore throat. I'm also sweating but it's average temperature in my house

You probably either have a URI (Upper Respiratory Infection [head cold, bronchitis, etc.] ) or a mild flu. You should see your doctor, maybe he can give you a general purpose antibiotic. Otherwise, just treat the symptoms until the bug passes. Gargling with salt water is good, as is inhaling steam. For that you can use a humidifier if you have one. Runny/stuffy nose can be treated with a decongestant like sudafed, zyrtec, or claritin. Additionally, taking an echinacea vitamin supplement can help boost your immune system, as can vitamin C.
As to non-medication remedies, chicken soup is always good for this sort of thing. You can try drinking sprite or ginger ale for your throat. Also, chamomile tea with honey and lemon juice can help. Rubbing Vicks vapo-rub (vicks salve) on your chest before bed is another tried and true method.

Make sure most of the bubbles are gone and then take some in little bits

For a sore throat, generally it works better to drink it while it still fizzes. However, the above method works quite well when dealing with a stomach flu.

it's called a cold sweat?

Correct.

Your choice, but frankly a hot shower just feels better.

And when you blow your nose make sure to blow it with as much power as you have. You'll get more out that way and it won't feel like an endless supply for a while.

No. Blowing hard like that will just intensify your headache, and you may also rupture your eardrums.

or you'll die

Not likely, unless your immune system totally crashes and you get severe pneumonia.
Pluse
Pluse
46 posts
Shepherd

Try taking thera flu, and drinking ginger ale. you could also try taking some herbal teas to help relax the body and coffee can help with that headache.

get better soon.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

No. Blowing hard like that will just intensify your headache, and you may also rupture your eardrums.

When it's runny? That usally works for me when my nose is runny.
beckitten27
beckitten27
336 posts
Peasant

I feel bad for you

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

I always have sprite, it causes you to throw up and thts annoying, but thts the way your body takes out the stuff it cant normally digest.

After tht, have a candy to get rid of the throw up taste and youll be fine in like a 1/2 hr.

GET BETTER!!!

Showing 1-15 of 23