ForumsPopular MediaAnime Series

92 26597
TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

I started watching Naruto a month ago, but I stopped since it got real boring.

The only other anime I can remember watching is Avatar, and I really liked it.

Do you guys have any idea of any good animes, and why?

• 92 Replies
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

We can't forget that the actors in Japanese show more emotion than when they dub them only a few anime are cleanly dubbed English.

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

What does

fillers
mean? Im kinda new to anime, you see.
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

"fillers" is a term that refers to episodes or scenes in an anime designed to pad out the running time that didn't appear in the manga - this is usually done in long-running series to allow the person that writes the manga more time to write new chapters and prevent the anime from catching up to the manga.

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Well please tell us the Genre's you like cause if you do we can recommend anime easier that way.

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

oh right.

First of all, thanks for all your help.

I want to watch something similar to AAvatar the last airbender.
By that I mean, funny, captivating story, to the point (no fillers)
and a system thts cool like all the bending stuff, I really liked tht.

And plz, nothing girly, thnx.

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Oh well I guess you won't like the second season of avatar that just started.
Well let's see I suppose Guilty crown can work for you, and the To Aru Majutsu No Index movie when it comes out, as well as Baka to test.

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

In that case... I'd recommend Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Soul Eater, Bleach (it's quite a long running series so if you like it then there's lots to watch), To Aru Majutsu No Index (maybe) and Ao no Exorcist/Blue Exorcist (maybe).

All of them have some elements of the supernatural, cool fight scenes, humour, good stories and little to no filler (except Bleach but you can skip the filler without any consequence for the plot and there are guides out there that point out which episodes and story arcs are filler).

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

Oh well I guess you won't like the second season of avatar that just started.

Your right, I dont like nearly as much as the original.

I think im gonna try Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Remember to watch the first full metal alchemist you might understand the story more and you should try the anime I listed in the first page.

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

Dont you have a special reccomdation out of all of those,, hoe am i supposed to go through all of them?

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Hum start with the shortest ones as for me I can easily finish a 24 episode anime within a day and am awaiting the new anime during this year but I run low on anime I've watched all the anime listed here as well.

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Alright then, out of all of those, I'd choose Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood as the one I'd recommend most strongly - it's well-received and well-liked by the massive majority of people that've seen it and it's one of my personal favourites.

Also, Darktroop, I'd say that Brotherhood is better than the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime since it follows the plot of the manga more closely - watching the first FMA anime then the second would just confuse someone that was new to anime.

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Also, Darktroop, I'd say that Brotherhood is better than the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime since it follows the plot of the manga more closely - watching the first FMA anime then the second would just confuse someone that was new to anime.

That's true since in FMA original wrath is pride.
and in brotherhood pride is wrath.
Zamiel
Zamiel
175 posts
Nomad

Just to clear this out , i absolutely love one piece, was merely stating that it might be awkward in the beginning but you can grow to like that.

SubZero131
SubZero131
598 posts
Nomad

You don't need to watch FMA to understand the Plot of Brotherhood. If anything Brotherhood explains things much better. IMO and most fans, I would say Brotherhood is much better.

Showing 16-30 of 92