ForumsPopular MediaAnime Series

92 26599
TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

I started watching Naruto a month ago, but I stopped since it got real boring.

The only other anime I can remember watching is Avatar, and I really liked it.

Do you guys have any idea of any good animes, and why?

• 92 Replies
KhaoticSniper
KhaoticSniper
210 posts
Nomad

I really like Full Metal Alchemist it was a very good Anime Show but not really for kids like little kids

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

Im in middle of FMA.
Thanks you guys for helping me out, if only there was a way I can repay you.
Its a really good anime.

DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

I remembered another anime called
Hell girl
It really questions what is right and wrong. I recommend it.

numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

All right i know am gna get a lot hate for this but what is the deal with naruto because that anime seems to consist of fights mainly and very little story telling

Zamiel
Zamiel
175 posts
Nomad

All right i know am gna get a lot hate for this but what is the deal with naruto because that anime seems to consist of fights mainly and very little story telling

Well that caused a serious facepalm ><

i'd dare say it's the contrary.
DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

All right i know am gna get a lot hate for this but what is the deal with naruto

I agree with you. At first naruto was very good, the fight, character development and story was in high level. What changed all that was the sharingan talk, which dragged the show in another direction. Afterward it was all about power.
The one who have power will win, and the only thing that can defeat the one with power, is friendship...that made the show kinda childish.
numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

i'd dare say it's the contrary.

very doubtful of that, I know the show is directed mainly at 8-12 year old boys, I know at that age fight scenes are the key highlight but there are a lot people at that age group that do appreciate a good story without all that long drawn out battles.
alovera1
alovera1
510 posts
Peasant

any of the dragon ball series
Death note
and hakuouki shinsengumi kitan/Hakuouki hakkesturoku.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

i know the following are movies but they are still very good:

pom poko
chihiro
the wandering castle
kingdom of cats

other great animes are:

X
hellsing
black butler
ghost in the shell
.hack//SIGN (i never watched it but i heard it is good)
Alice Academy
Angelic Layer

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

There's only one anime I've ever enjoyed.

Super Milk Chan

It's an acquired taste, and it's fairly juvenile, but I love it.

chihiro

That would be Spirited Away.
sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

Naruto
Death Note
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

After spending hours upon hours on animefreak and Netlfix I've compiled a small list of anime I quite enjoy. I dont care about OPs personal preferences, these are mine.

Top 5. The reason is they either made me cry like a baby, a very hard thing to do, or they were just that good.

1. Eureka Seven
2. Soul Eater
3. Naruto and Naruto Shippuden (Skip the pointless filler episodes. Shippuden gets very interesting very fast)
4. Clannad and Clannad Afterstory (No joke, it put me into a severe depression. Not because of what happens but because it made me think of how I'd act in similar situations.
5. Guilty Crown

There are others but you can trust me. I've seen enough harems and action to know not much changes between them. These are all relatively different. Guilty Crown is quite predictable though. An alternative to it would be a new series and the follow up of Eureka Seven, Eureka Seven AO.

blueridgeasset
blueridgeasset
6 posts
Nomad

Mine would definitely by ElfenLied by far.
The content may be quite the turn off to some viewers but I found it to be very well done.

numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

elfen lied works very well if you can stomach the first few minutes of blood and partial nudity because I have found that puts off quite a few people.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Really? Only three people remembering Dbz? The hell is wrong with you? It was practically everyone born in the 1990s childhood. Plus Pokemon. And Power Rangers.

As for reccomendations, Digimon Tamers and Digimon Savers(not data squad. It sucks.)

Showing 46-60 of 92