ForumsThe TavernWhats your Astrological sign?

44 8169
Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

Hey, I was wondering because I'm kind of curious because it turns out, well I'm a Leo and Leos are more compatible with Aries and Sagittarius. I don't know if its a coincidence but so far I like this girl and this hole time I didn't even know she was Aries.

Well yeah, so what sign are you, and do you like somebody who you are compatible with, if you don't know then ask them.

• 44 Replies
Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

Oh wow thanks guys!! Keep it coming.

NOTE: Ok probably you guys have been thinking that your this and that because you were born on a particular month, but not just the hole month is that one sign because the sign varies through certain days.

For example
You can be born on February but it won't really mean your Pisces because your given this sign when you were born 18th February to 20th march, so you can actually be Aquarius which is 19th January to 17th February.

Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

[-|Astrology Sign Scale|-]
Capricorn:21 December â" 19 January
Aquarius:19 January â" 18 February
Pisces:18 February â" 20 March
Aries:20 March â" 19 April
Taurus:19 April â" 20 May
Gemini:20 May â" 20 June
Cancer:20 June â" 22 July
Leo:22 July â" 22 August
Virgo:22 August â" 22 September
Libra:22 September â" 23 October
Scorpio:23 October â" 21 November
Sagittarius:21 November â" 21 December

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Generally, though, astrology tends to be rather firm about it. Some, if not most, astrologists have removed themselves almost completely from what the sky actually shows, and will make their - predictions from other measures.
Just like the whole "Actually there's a 13th sign!!" thing that was going on sometime last year. It was not a new discovery, and no astrologist would recognise it, but it was there on the night sky, and the sun would pass through it during one's birth rather than the surrounding signs and what not.
So, I can't really say I would even half way bother with a changing date for the end and the start of a sign.

Not to mention, usually is a lot more insightful to have an actual map made for you by a professional if you actually care about this, or alternately, at least include the hourly sign as well.
Or the Eastern zodiac, that is fairly amusing as well, and include a sign for the day and the hour as well, if I remember correctly, the hourly sign being your - inner personality, while the yearly is your other personality.

Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

Cenere please refer to what I said. I didn't ask for your opinion or the definition of an astrological sign and I didn't ask for your state of interest/argument.
I asked what sign are you and if you are compatible with anyone that you like. It seems you don't understand my topic though.
Anyways for the people who don't know their sign, I posted a scale, please I apologize for the ?'s you see it was replaced by a - and it was used to say up to what day you can be what sign. I don't think it would be to hard to understand
Here

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Aren't we allowed to discuss on a public forum now?
Because as far as I know, that is the entire meaning with this community forum. To discuss, not ask questions and get one line replies.
I used a bit of my teenage years on this, I would know a fair bit about it, and should be allowed to say stuff to clarify. You are, after all, allowed to say stuff about me too.

And you are even saying it yourself. That people should ignore the more wavy, uncertain dates and just go by your table of dates, so I don't know what I did besides bringing a bit of intellect into your thread.

I also don't agree with the compatible signs, both because they are obviously quite hard to put a finger on, but also because of the nature of zodiac signs. They are more of a base to measure yourself with, if you don't get a pro to make your map for you (or you have your birth time and an armature, but well explained DIY book on it), which also means that not only is your definition of a sign somewhat vague, but the same will be true about your gf/bf's sign.
So, if you want to take any advice from it, either be more serious about it than just looking up stuff on wikipedia, or take it as nothing more than the advice from your aunt you see once a year or something. It might be good advice, but it shouldn't be something you depend on.

And, well, if you are just having fun, then the Eastern zodiac is more amusing, and it is about an entire generation instead of a month, so it has to be somewhat usable, eh.

mattduggan13
mattduggan13
1,795 posts
Nomad

I'm a Cancer and I like someone who's a Pisces, but 'tis not working out. : /

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

i also have to say that the scale isnt that accurate. different places say the dates in which the sign changes are different and usually it changes by 3 days from place to place. i guess this is the reason they decided to recognize the combinations

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I'm a Gemini but I'm not dating anyone so I won't know who I'm compatible with. Not that I'm interested in it anyway.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I'm an Aquarius, but (the same as Darkfire above ^^) I'm not dating anyone, so I wouldn't know if I am compatible.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Cenere please refer to what I said. I didn't ask for your opinion or the definition of an astrological sign and I didn't ask for your state of interest/argument.
I asked what sign are you and if you are compatible with anyone that you like. It seems you don't understand my topic though.

Can't. Resist. Urge. To. Troll.

Hey Cenere, are you by any chance a Taurus or Scorpio?
Few websites telling me that Leos clash with them easily ;]
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

@Jeff: You don't say. But don't troll him, he will think you are a bully.
I am, amusingly enough, neither of those signs. So that's two rules out for the people that are trying to figure it out (and is not already aware). I just think he is somewhat easily poked in the wrong way somehow. Though the pride of the Leo might be a fair reasoning for him taking some kind of offence to my opinion.

But well, the most atypical behaviour is what defines you the best :P

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

well, I am a taurus, and currently single sooo...

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I'm a Gemini who are versatile and have a constant desire for mental activity, which is actually pretty accurate, at least for me.
Apparently I'm compatible with Leo, Libra, Aquarius and Aries. But I'm single, so it doesn't really matter

NarutoAwesomeness28
NarutoAwesomeness28
187 posts
Nomad

I'm not really supposed to believe in this stuff and I don't. But for fun, I'm a Scorpio :P

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

I'm not really supposed to believe in this stuff

oh? i wonder who decided that for you?
Showing 16-30 of 44