ForumsThe TavernChild Soldiers. Killers? or Victims?

4 1204
Gildron
Gildron
1 posts
Nomad

Should child soldiers be rehabilitated into society if orginizations can get them out? Should they be tried as killers? Is it moral to use children in armed conflict in the first place?

• 4 Replies
cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

Well, first off, a lot of nations don't try young kids as adults. The age to enter adulthood is usually 18.

Child soldiers don't usually willingly go to war. The groups that use them go to a village. They go into the house, sometimes, (most times actually,) they kill the father, **** and then kill the mother. In front of the children. They then give a gun to the child, and tell them to murder whatever is left of their family. If they refuse, they will see their family murdered in front of them, and then be killed themselves.

As you can see, most of these children are forced into war, and it is a very traumatic experience. Things like this affect a child's developement in severe ways. After experiencing this, they can't just return to normal. Often times, they don't have a family, or even a village to return to. I think they should be rehabilitated, as it isn't their fault they had to do this.

Also, not all child soldiers are used to kill. Some of them are used as cooks, carriers, ect. for whatever army or organization they are forced to serve.

LegoMyLego27
LegoMyLego27
100 posts
Shepherd

(*cough* KONY 2012 *cough*)

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

i would probably have to say victims, but maybe not always victims if you get what i'm saying

Elvea
Elvea
23 posts
Farmer

Child soldiers don't usually willingly go to war. The groups that use them go to a village. They go into the house, sometimes, (most times actually,) they kill the father, **** and then kill the mother.

I totally agree with you. How could we blame someone for killing someone else unwillingly? That makes no sense. The kid is not a murderer, more a tool than anything else.
Showing 1-4 of 4