ForumsThe TavernAndroid versus iPhone.

28 3878
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

Simple concept, do you have an android phone or an iPhone and why to you like it more?

I have an android, and HTC G2, and I prefer android because of apple's addiction to proprietary hardware and software, where as with my G2 it's basically plug-n-play

• 28 Replies
NarutoAwesomeness28
NarutoAwesomeness28
187 posts
Nomad

I have an android.. same one. The HTC G2. I like androids more cuz mine has a keypad and I can kinda do the same things an iPhone can anyways. I even have Siri on it but instead her name is "Alice" XD

Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

I don't have a smartphone yet, but when I get one it will be an android, probably the Galaxy S3 that I'm currently watching be announced. I've used both and I've always liked android better.

avenger671
avenger671
63 posts
Nomad

iPhone.

wolfd95
wolfd95
22 posts
Nomad

Currently after breaking my HTC G1 Ive gone down to a Nokia 1616 not the best but very durable. But truly I would think that Iphone's are better in the sense that It typically doesn't freeze up. As well as that there are some Apps that are exclusively for Apple. Yet most androids Don't cost as much as Most Iphones. In final terms I would say that Androids are better.

RDF4
RDF4
87 posts
Nomad

I just want an Iphone because my friends have one

Yea, not the best reason. You see, Iphone is for people in their 20s-40s. I personally think the Android is for more serious people, like people 15-35 years old. So I think Anroid is what I want.
Although the Iphone has more apps, the (opinion)Android is sharper, and cooler.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I currently have a blackberry, but i've had Android in the past and wasn't a massive fan.
Considering getting an iphone in Indonesia as it'll be fairly cheap just to see what all the fuss is about.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Never used an iPhone, but it sucks as a phone. My uncle has it and it is always dropping his calls. For everything else it is good though.

I am more of an android guy. I have one and I like it. While it is not as smooth and nice as an iPhone it is better at calling and android has a more open market and stuff.

CPUheadhunter
CPUheadhunter
26 posts
Nomad

iPhone. The name is the answer. Sure you do have to use Apple products, but iTunes is free. I have an iPhone and it has a super smooth and easy interface. There are many android phones, but there is only one iPhone.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I hate iphones (and apple in general). Apple just loves to give developers a hard time by extremely limiting what they can do with their OS, and how easy it is to do it. I have the galaxy S2 Epic 4G touch, and the apps on this one are a hell of a lot more fun than the ones I've used on iphone. They actually allow you to edit the UI of the menus, interact with other apps (such as using functions of the built in camera app in your app, rather than rebuilding those functions), and plenty more. Jailbreaking an iphone allows some of these features, but android gives you more without having to violate your terms of agreement. Also, for those who want to pirate things, you don't have to do anything to an android in order to download free apps off the internet, not that you'd need it. 57% of the android market is free, as opposed to the 28% of the app store.

Also, lets look at specs of my phone's to the iphone's.

Galaxy S2

Price: 100$

Weight: 4.55 oz

Size: 5.1" x 2.7" x 0.38

Battery life: 8.7 hours of talk, 253 hours of standby

Display: HD 4.5 inch screen

Processor: 1.2 ghz duel core

Storage: 16 GB plus additional storage with a mini SD card

Camera: 8 megapixels

Front camera: 3 megapixels

Iphone 4s

Price: 200$ minimum (100$ more)

Weight: 4.9 oz (.35 more)

Size: 5.1" x 2.7" x 0.38 (A LOT thicker)

Battery life: 8 hours of talk and 200 hours of standby (a lot less of both)

Display: HD 3.5 inch screen (full inch smaller)

Processor: 1 ghz, underclocked to 800 mhz, duel core (33% less powerful)

Storage: 16 GB-64GB (if you're willing to pay 200$ more)

Camera: 8 megapixels

Front camera: 0.3 megapixels (the S2 had 10 times this >.&gt

So, lets recap. The S2 is thinner, lighter, has a bigger screen, has a bigger battery is 33% more powerful, and has a better front facing camera. All this for half the price of the iphone.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Oh, and another thing. Android has 44% of the smart phone market. Apple has less than 20%. There is a reason for that.

And a funny fact, google makes more off iphones then they do off android due to the services they provide to apps (youtube, google maps, ect) which are free for themselves.

CPUheadhunter
CPUheadhunter
26 posts
Nomad

This discussion is like the Kindle vs. Nook discussion. Kindle and the iPhone are the obvious winners, while the Nook and Android try to compete.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

This discussion is like the Kindle vs. Nook discussion. Kindle and the iPhone are the obvious winners, while the Nook and Android try to compete.

Yea... no it's not. Kindle fire has 50% of the android table market, while iphone has 20% of the smartphone market and android has 44% of it.
psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

android my sister has an iphone and my dad has a android and even my sister agrees that the androids is 'better' plus the camera is much much nicer on androids

codecoward
codecoward
44 posts
Shepherd

google is the best by far apple just is way to sleek google has better app store prices to

JoshTheBoss
JoshTheBoss
417 posts
Nomad

they're both proficient and you have what you have. If you want better, refer to a search engine.

Showing 1-15 of 28