ForumsThe TavernAndroid versus iPhone.

28 3877
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

Simple concept, do you have an android phone or an iPhone and why to you like it more?

I have an android, and HTC G2, and I prefer android because of apple's addiction to proprietary hardware and software, where as with my G2 it's basically plug-n-play

• 28 Replies
beckitten27
beckitten27
336 posts
Peasant

My mom and dad both have androids, so I would have to say they're the best. ( all I can do on my phone is call and take pictures, so boring)

CPUheadhunter
CPUheadhunter
26 posts
Nomad

Ok. Let's think about this logically. Android controls 44% of the market. How many phones use android? Several. iPhone controls 20% of the market.

Android (multiple phones) - 44% of the market

iPhone (one phone) - 20% of the market

Guess we know which phone is better. If one phone controls slightly less than half of the the of the percent that multiple phones control it's pretty obvious who the winner.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Poor Samsung... being the unquestioned number two competitor in a billion dollar market

Samsung's phones are debatably better than the iphone, while the OS is undebatable preferred due to the statistics I've linked multiple time.

Poor Apple... Google copied their operating system.

Lesse... Android's development started in 2003 and was released 2007.

IOS was released 2007 too.

I'm not sure if they can time travel, but if someone stole a system, it is actually looking worse for Apple. Not to mention that Symbian (that OS nobody uses) came before both of those.
galbatorix1
galbatorix1
6 posts
Jester

Androids rule!

CPUheadhunter
CPUheadhunter
26 posts
Nomad

This discussion is like the Kindle vs. Nook discussion. Kindle and the iPhone are the obvious winners, while the Nook and Android try to compete.

Yea... no it's not.

Actually...Yes it is. If you did some research you would know that this discussion is just like the Kindle vs Nook discussion. I just made the two products that I prefer the winners. The iPhone and Android phones are comparable, just like the Kindle and Nook. They are different but both serve the same purpose. One side prefers one solution while the other side prefers the other solution. If you are trying to decide on which type of phone to buy, here is my experience. I will admit that there appear to be more free apps for android than for Apple. (I have a Kindle fire which runs on an android OS). I have an iPhone 4. It has a very smooth, operator-friendly interface. I have had no problems with it so far and have been very pleased. If any one reading this is running iOS 5.1, and cannot figure out how to add an event to the calender, you have to enable iCloud under the "settings" tab. The hardest part was adjusting to iTunes from Windows Media Player. But once you use it a couple of times it makes more sense. Here is my suggestion. Visit each phones respective websites; visit multiple forums; read many reviews; and compare them for yourself before buying.
CPUheadhunter
CPUheadhunter
26 posts
Nomad

This discussion is like the Kindle vs. Nook discussion. Kindle and the iPhone are the obvious winners, while the Nook and Android try to compete.

Yea... no it's not.

Yeah... actually it is. I just made my preferred products the winners. Both serve the same purpose. One side of the discussion prefers one way and the other side prefers the other way. Here is my experience. I will admit that android appears to have more free apps (I have a Kindle fire which runs on an android OS). I have an iPhone 4. It has a very smooth, operator-friendly interface. I have had no problems with it so far. iTunes is a little difficult to learn the first couple of times if you are used to using Windows Media Player. If you are trying to decide which phone to buy, visit each phone's respective websites; read many reviews; visit multiple online forums; and even go to your cellular service provider's store and look at each phone before buying.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I just made the two products that I prefer the winners

See, that was the part I was annoyed with because you said "Kindle and the iPhone are the obvious winners, while the Nook and Android try to compete". Which implies Android devices are actually struggling to compete with the Iphone, while the numbers tell a different story.

the iPhone and Android phones are comparable, just like the Kindle and Nook. They are different but both serve the same purpose

Oh, I though you were talking about the Kindle Fire for some reason, which is pretty different from most kindles. Either way, there still is a difference. Kindle and Nook are specific devices, while Android refers to any phone or tablet running it, so its hard to compare. There are plenty of worse android phones than the iphone, and there are plenty that are better.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Android is like the Windows of the phone world. So much more user-friendly and far less frustrating to use than the competing Apple product!

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Android is like the Windows of the phone world.

Wouldn't the Windows Phone be the Windows of the phone world? :b
HonestlyIDunno
HonestlyIDunno
1 posts
Nomad

#TEAMIPHONE

gamechamp778
gamechamp778
6 posts
Nomad

iphone is better. 3/5 of my family have one.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Well, at tablets I like the iOs system for its simplicity and good interface which my dads Samsung tablet doesn't have. On phones I like the iOs system to because once you Jb it is a really open system where you can do anything.

CPUheadhunter
CPUheadhunter
26 posts
Nomad

I apologize to master565 for the confusion.

Showing 16-28 of 28