ForumsWEPR[spam necro] Rich/Poor divide?

139 66014
Target_Practice
Target_Practice
27 posts
Nomad

Essentially how do the rich keep on getting richer whilst the poor keep on getting poorer. Surely in a civilised society the rich should sacrifice a few of their fast cars and big houses so that the people who slave 12 hours a day in their sweat shops can eat.

Discuss.

• 139 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Becoming rich can also be the result of being crooked. For example one of my relatives (great aunt I think) became a millionaire by repeatedly marrying then divorcing well off men.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

I think every man has a maximum potential to work and he can't work more than that.
If a man works his full potential then the only reasons he ain't getting rich are :-
1- His potential is not enough.
2- Just some bad luck.
In today's world, getting wicked rich from scratch is very hard than it was 100 years ago.
Some wise guy once said that being successful is 10% right Idea 80% hard work and 10% luck.
and I think its true.
If you complain that why a person on a low level dead end job is not getting rich then your complain is wrong.
He can't get rich from that job no matter what.
He should try to find a better job or if he gets the right Idea, he should immediately start working on it.
I'll tell u a story of one of my friends.
He started as the guy who hands out promotions on street.
Then he found a job as merchandiser(the guy who fills the racks with things in supermarket).
He saved some money there and bought an old car.
Then he went to a better merchandising job.
From there he went to a post of secretary with even better benefits.
Now he have bought a new Zero meter car and have sold off the older one and is planning to buy a used car and overhaul it and resell it.
His 10 year goal is to own at least one Crane.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

I think every man has a maximum potential to work and he can't work more than that.
If a man works his full potential then the only reasons he ain't getting rich are :-
1- His potential is not enough.
2- Just some bad luck.

So you are saying that a farmer, who provides food for the rest of the population but remains poor, is only poor because "His potential is not enough"? So the men who work hard from dawn to dusk just don't have enough potential?

In today's world, getting wicked rich from scratch is very hard than it was 100 years ago.

What do you base that on? I always thought social mobility has gone up.

If you complain that why a person on a low level dead end job is not getting rich then your complain is wrong.
He can't get rich from that job no matter what.

Which is bad, isn't it?

He should try to find a better job or if he gets the right Idea, he should immediately start working on it.

So who will do the job that he did? We can't all be CEOs, or there would be no one to make the food, the product, or maintain anything.

Then he found a job as merchandiser(the guy who fills the racks with things in supermarket).
He saved some money there and bought an old car.
Then he went to a better merchandising job.
From there he went to a post of secretary with even better benefits.
Now he have bought a new Zero meter car and have sold off the older one and is planning to buy a used car and overhaul it and resell it.
His 10 year goal is to own at least one Crane.

And you think that is going to make him rich? Call me back and ten years, I will bet he still won't get that crane.

Becoming rich can also be the result of being crooked. For example one of my relatives (great aunt I think) became a millionaire by repeatedly marrying then divorcing well off men.

So you are going to inherit part of a million dollars? Could I have some? Seeing as you have plenty, and both my parents are in one of those "From Dawn to dusk never get rich" jobs...
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

That's farmer's bad luck
100 yrs ago, it was easier to get started, you did not need much degrees as today and an average man started earning at a very young age.
What's your point about "we all can't be CEOs"?
My friend is just 19 year old and by the looks of it, he will get that crane far earlier.You assertion that he won't get it is based on what?

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

That's farmer's bad luck

Does he? How would you make money as a farmer? I'm guessing that he should just get lucky somehow? And then what? It is really impossible for him to make a bunch of money as a farmer.

100 yrs ago, it was easier to get started, you did not need much degrees as today and an average man started earning at a very young age.

That is because you died earlier, and nobody knew anything. 1912 was not exactly a better time to be alive. Now a days, you can go to the bank with your idea, ask for some money, and they give it to you.

What's your point about "we all can't be CEOs"?

There are some jobs you can't get rich at, no matter what. My dad mows lawns, he is never going to be rich. Not everyone can be rich, even if everyone had the best luck and amazing idias...

My friend is just 19 year old and by the looks of it, he will get that crane far earlier.You assertion that he won't get it is based on what?

Based on the fact that there are large corporations that do exactly that, and that the smaller ones rarely make large amounts of money?
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

He can change his profession
I wish it was this easy to take loans from banks.
Then your dad is either incompetent or just unlucky.
Need I remind you i'm not talking about just USA?
here in K.S.A there are not much of large corporations who control this business rather small time contractors with one or two cranes (or other building tools) each.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

He can change his profession

Then who would farm?

I wish it was this easy to take loans from banks.

I have always heard it was pretty easy.

Then your dad is either incompetent or just unlucky.

Or he mows lawns. He makes enough to eat and has been able to hire a few people, after starting his own company he has done Ok. So should he quit and look for a "better job", while my mom works and we struggle to pay bills even more?

Need I remind you i'm not talking about just USA?

Not in the U.S.A? Who cares about those guys?

here in K.S.A there are not much of large corporations who control this business rather small time contractors with one or two cranes (or other building tools) each.

Good for you. Now how are you going to afford it selling used cars?
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Who wold farm?
Dam you sound like communists
Then your dad is using his full potential
Ever tried borrowing loan? Its not that easy.
"Who cares about those guys?"
What do you mean?
How hes going to afford?
Slowly and steadily he will gather money, probably he will buy cheaper and smaller equipment earlier then when he will have enough cash, he will buy a crane.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Who wold farm?

I don't know, I asked you.

Am I? Ang and I where arguing over who knew what my political views where and when I was playing devil's advocate. So who will farm?

Is he? I am sure he could do better, but are you suggesting that he lets go of his income for long enough to search for a better job?

Not in Pakistan.

What do you mean?

I mean I know we are talking about worldwide and wanted to answer sarcastically.

How hes going to afford?
Slowly and steadily he will gather money, probably he will buy cheaper and smaller equipment earlier then when he will have enough cash, he will buy a crane.

How much does a crane cost in Pakistan?
AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,574 posts
Blacksmith

Thepunisher93, to insinuate that someone only needs to find a better job or have a better idea to "get rich" is ludicrous, especially in countries where the odds are simply stacked against them.

There is a finite supply of money in the worlds current system.
There is a finite supply of resources no matter what.

What your asking is akin to jesus sharing 2 small fish and a generous loaf of bread between thousands of people (if not more).
It simply cannot be done.

Im fine with everyone not being rich. Im not fine when people work their behinds off to only scrape by while others live without any worries for this fake paper currency made from nowhere. Its got a use but its being quite plainly misused and no amount of jobs or get rich ideas will ever sort that out for the human race.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

it's popular whit girls from poland.
just saying, be aware
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

So you say it just takes being hard working and enterprising to be rich, huh?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/MageGrayWolf/556165_356686647724863_138763606183836_998848_1518003639_n.jpg

...just saying.

AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,574 posts
Blacksmith

...just saying.

I think it needed said
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Thepunisher93, to insinuate that someone only needs to find a better job or have a better idea to "get rich" is ludicrous, especially in countries where the odds are simply stacked against them.

So you say it just takes being hard working and enterprising to be rich, huh?

...just saying.

Well then thats bad luck
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Who wold farm?

I don't know, I asked you.

Am I? Ang and I where arguing over who knew what my political views where and when I was playing devil's advocate. So who will farm?

Is he? I am sure he could do better, but are you suggesting that he lets go of his income for long enough to search for a better job?

Not in Pakistan.

What do you mean?

I mean I know we are talking about worldwide and wanted to answer sarcastically.

How hes going to afford?

How much does a crane cost in Pakistan?

I don't know who would farm
We are talking about one person here who only cares about himself.
Yes your dad should search for better job.
There is no reward without a risk.
If he can't do that, then its his bad luck.
Borrowing loan any where is not that simple that you go to Bank and say"I hav a dream/idea"
They demand something solid.
I'm not in pakistan i'm in K.S.A
and it costs 600000 SAR here
Showing 16-30 of 139